News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi200 has no phone line

Started by joeatcha, October 22, 2018, 08:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeatcha

can someone please help me with my obihai200? I have freephoneline with obihai, everything was working fine. Light went off in my house and when it came back, I notice my homephone is not working. I get first light flashing red, middle light flashing green and no light on the phone line. I checked my ip for the obi and when I went on the ip, its ask me "Select file to update firmware" press update to start process.
I guess somehow firm has got corrupted. any hint?
I downloaded the firmware and uploaded, obi reboots after upload but then it goes into same mode. everytime I go to ip, it asksed me to upload a file. is my hardware gone?

drgeoff

Power light flashing between red and off is not a listed state.

Have you tried a reset to default configuration as per Step 2 at https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset ?

tomdev

I have a similar proble. Mine worked fine for 1 year and two months. Then on October 20th following a thunderstorm, my phone showed in use and would not release. Green lights on my obi. No one was using the phone. Unplugged the phone line. Still steady green in use light on my Obi 200. But phone is dead. My provider is Google Voice and no issues there. I did a factory reset and now no green phone light on my obi nor open phone line and is dead. No help from Polycom/ObiHai as it is just out of warranty.
I lost my VOIP line to Google Voice when I did the factory reset and now cannot add it back to my ObiTalk account. Any clues from anyone, please? as to what happened? Is there a reset I can do? I can not communicate with this little gizmo anymore it seems. Too bad the company has left us hanging. I am re-thinking the 5 stars I gave this thing last year. Help please??!!

joeatcha

I did factory reset many times with no luck:(

drgeoff

@tomdev

It was not a coincidence that Obi failure and thunderstorm were at the same time.

Was your phone plugged directly into the OBi or was it via house wiring?