News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Send calls from OBi200 to OBi202

Started by N7AS, October 23, 2018, 02:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N7AS

I have an Obi200 configured for Google Voice and 2 SIP providers. I also have an Obi202 that I took out of retirement configured with Google Voice.

As I don't have any room for more phones on my desk, I would like to use the phone attached to my Obi200 for outbound calling through the GV account on the Obi202 which would not have a phone attached. I get inbound calls from the GV number on the Obi202 by forwarding to my Callcentric NY DID.

Here is the setup so far:

OBi200
IP Address: 192.168.1.60
SP1      Localphone
SP2      GV 1
SP3      GV2
SP4      Callcentric   to get CNAM for the GV line on the Obi202

Obi202
IP Address:  192.168.1.50
SP1      GV3   I will call this GV-PHX
SP2      Not Configured
SP3      Not Configured
SP4      Not Configured   

I would like to prepend one digit such as 9 to route the call using a Voice Gateway as this will be used for outbound calls only to SP1 GV-PHX on the OBi202 from the OBi200.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

SteveInWA

So, you currently are using three of the four available SPx slots on your OBi 200, right?  Wouldn't it be simpler to just add the other Google Voice account to the 200?  Or, if you want to use a two-line telephone, set up the same SPs on the 202 and put the 200 on the shelf.

N7AS

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 23, 2018, 11:22:59 AM
So, you currently are using three of the four available SPx slots on your OBi 200, right?  Wouldn't it be simpler to just add the other Google Voice account to the 200?  Or, if you want to use a two-line telephone, set up the same SPs on the 202 and put the 200 on the shelf.

No, I am using all 4 SPx slots on the OBi200. I don't want the extra expense of a 2-Line phone.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

SteveInWA

In that case, AZRobert will likely exchange a bunch of posts with you to get it working that way.

Just something to consider:  with Google Voice's new SIP-based platform and new caller ID name feature, you'll get better audio quality and more reliable calls if you get rid of the detour through Callcentric for inbound calls, and just go pure GV.  On inbound calls, GV will now send caller ID name if that phone number is in your Google Contacts, or if it's a business known to Google (e.g. the business is on Google Maps).

drgeoff

If you cannot wait or azrobert doesn't spoonfeed you, the essential knowledge is probably within his post
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15219.msg95391#msg95391

N7AS

I sent azrobert a pm a day or so before posting here. I guess he has not read it or knows it's there.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 23, 2018, 11:37:32 AM
In that case, AZRobert will likely exchange a bunch of posts with you to get it working that way.

Just something to consider:  with Google Voice's new SIP-based platform and new caller ID name feature, you'll get better audio quality and more reliable calls if you get rid of the detour through Callcentric for inbound calls, and just go pure GV.  On inbound calls, GV will now send caller ID name if that phone number is in your Google Contacts, or if it's a business known to Google (e.g. the business is on Google Maps).

I'm not just using Callcentric for Free CNAM dips, but also have some DIDs with Voxbeam sent via SIP URI so I can't remove Callcentric from the equation.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

azrobert

I missed your message. When I'm signed into the forum it shows "No Messages", but when I actually look at messages, yours is there. Another forum bug? There are other options you can use.

Delete Callcentric from the OBi200 to free a slot for another GV then:

1. Route calls from CC to the OBi200 via SIP URI. You will need to setup port forwarding in your router. If you have a dynamic public IP, you should setup dynamic DNS.

2. Define CC on the OBi202 and route inbound calls to the OBi200.

You might want to consider one of these because of what I learned from the DLSReports forum. I previously posted the following:

A provider can send audio to the calling device without connecting the call. This is called Early Media. An example is a Busy signal. The call is never connected, but you hear a busy signal. Early Media gets broken when you bridge a call between 2 devices, so if you call a number that is busy with the bridging technique, you will just hear ringing.

When you call another GV number and the call is forwarded to voice mail, you will also have problems. When you bridge a call over the local network, the call will fail with a 503 error. I just tested a call over the OBiTalk network from an OBi110 and it caused my OBi200 to reboot.

(408) 269-1999 is a Busy test number. Call it directly with the OBi200 and you will hear a Busy. Call it with an OBi1xx bridged to an OBi200 and you will just hear ringing.

N7AS

I need CC to stay on my OBi200 as I receive calls from Voxbeam DIDs. I do not intend to connect a physical phone to the OBi202.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

Taoman

Quote from: N7AS on October 23, 2018, 04:29:06 PM
I need CC to stay on my OBi200 as I receive calls from Voxbeam DIDs. I do not intend to connect a physical phone to the OBi202.

Do you receive incoming calls on your Localphone config?  If not, you could easily make outbound calls via Localphone using a Voice Gateway freeing up an SP slot.

N7AS

Quote from: Taoman on October 23, 2018, 05:28:15 PM
Quote from: N7AS on October 23, 2018, 04:29:06 PM

Do you receive incoming calls on your Localphone config?  If not, you could easily make outbound calls via Localphone using a Voice Gateway freeing up an SP slot.

I already do that on my OBi1032 with a Voice Gateway. I mainly need a way to make outbound calls on that GV number.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

Taoman

Quote from: N7AS on October 23, 2018, 06:25:59 PM

I already do that on my OBi1032 with a Voice Gateway. I mainly need a way to make outbound calls on that GV number.

Understood. But you still didn't answer my question.
Do you receive inbound calls to your OBi200 SP1 Localphone configuration? Yes or no?

If yes, your best bet is probably azrobert's idea of moving your CC config to your 202 and route incoming calls to your 200 thereby freeing up an SP slot on your 200.
Routing calls from CC via SIP URI won't work for you since Callcentric strips out CNAM when using SIP URI.

PS. AFAIK, you can't use a Voice Gateway with Google Voice. For starters, when configuring the VG what would you use for AuthUserID and AuthPassword?

N7AS

I use a Voice Gateway on my OBi1032 for Localphone. Localphone is a backup Prescott, AZ number in case my main number goes down (Future-Nime).
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

Taoman

Quote from: N7AS on October 23, 2018, 09:31:08 PM
I use a Voice Gateway on my OBi1032 for Localphone. Localphone is a backup Prescott, AZ number in case my main number goes down (Future-Nime).

Since it's a backup number, you could forward it via SIP URI to your Callcentric account and free up that SP slot.
If the Localphone AZ number is a different one than the one on your 1032, make a Voice Gateway for it on your 200 for outgoing calls.

Just another option you could consider.

azrobert

Using the OBiTalk network is the easiest way to route calls to the OBi202

OBi202

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{510222222>(xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},{ph}

Replace 510222222 with the OBi number of the OBi200

OBi200

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> DigitMap
Add the following after the beginning parenthesis:
9xxxxxxxxxx|

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
The 1st rule is: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}
Change it to: {(<9:510111111*>xxxxxxxxxx):pp}

Replace 510111111 with OBi number of the OBi202

Dial 94805551212 on the OBi200 and 4805551212 will be routed to SP1 on the OBi202

N7AS

I need the SP4 slot for CC as I forward my Voxbeam DIDs via SIP URI.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

Quote from: azrobert on October 23, 2018, 10:26:17 PM
Using the OBiTalk network is the easiest way to route calls to the OBi202

OBi202

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{510222222>(xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},{ph}

Replace 510222222 with the OBi number of the OBi200

OBi200

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> DigitMap
Add the following after the beginning parenthesis:
9xxxxxxxxxx|

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
The 1st rule is: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}
Change it to: {(<9:510111111*>xxxxxxxxxx):pp}

Replace 510111111 with OBi number of the OBi202

Dial 94805551212 on the OBi200 and 4805551212 will be routed to SP1 on the OBi202

Thanks,

I will try that tomorrow when my mind is clear.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

N7AS

@azrobert,

When I looked at the DigitMaps you wrote, I knew it would work, and it was perfect. Thanks.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ