News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple Lines 1032 set up

Started by mattnewuser, October 23, 2018, 11:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattnewuser

Good afternoon!

I am installing a new set up with 4 obi 1032 phones, I have 6 GV lines and want to have it configured so if line 1 is busy and it will ring on line 2, if line 2 is busy it will ring on line 3 etc. I also would like the ability to join a call that is already in progress on another phone by hitting the Programmable Button Associated with that SP. Currently, only the phone that is actually on the call has a blinking programmable light to indicate busy, and if I try to pick up the call on a different phone I just get a Dial Tone.

Thanks!!

drgeoff

Quote from: mattnewuser on October 23, 2018, 11:13:05 AMI also would like the ability to join a call that is already in progress on another phone by hitting the Programmable Button Associated with that SP.
See the Admin Guide.  Specifically "BLF" and "Auto Answer when Caller Requests to Barge In (with OBiTALK Service)"

mattnewuser

"BLF Operation: Barge In
When the monitored extension is on a connected call, the monitoring phone may barge in to join the call, if the softswitch
supports the operation and if the feature is enabled in the phone configuration. This operation requires the
specification of a barge-in feature code that can be configured under the ITSP Profile of the SP service that is bound to
the BLF key. To barge in, the OBi1000 sends a normal INVITE to the number formed by concatenating the barge-in
feature code with the number of the monitored extension (the ext attribute of the Number parameter, if exists or
else the {userid} attribute). (BroadSoft, FreePBX"

Can anyone translate how to actually program this?

drgeoff

Are looking in the wrong places?  If you don't have an IP PBX you need to use the Obitalk network support as mentioned in the section "Auto Answer when Caller Requests to Barge In (with OBiTALK Service)" on page 82.

If you don't have an IP PBX (aka softswitch in the Admin Guide) or ITSP which supports the BLF feature then I don't know of any method whereby an OBiPhone can give an indication that another OBiPhone is on a call.

While IP phones can do many things that old analogue phone cannot, there are some things that are relatively simple with analogue but impossible or very difficult with IP phones.