News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call waiting not working.

Started by Soulcommander, October 23, 2018, 02:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulcommander

Hello, Curious....I get a phone call.....talk to the person......then I hear another call coming in....I tell the person to hold on and I flash the phone. I am able to speak to the person calling in and as soon as I am finished (less that 30 seconds) I flash the phone and go back to the original call only to hear static like a CB radio.
This has done this for a long time.
Know why?

Thanks

SteveInWA

It's a known bug with the OBi/GV system when using call waiting.  Nobody at either company seems to be interested in diagnosing and fixing it, although I have escalated it to both.  My advice:  just don't use call waiting for now.

Soulcommander

Thank you Steve for your response if there's anything we can do to help escalate this please let us know. I believe when I first got the OBI it worked perfectly... but that has been quite a long time ago

zapattack

Try GV ITSP SIP setting
X_DetectALG
Also check similar settings in router.

Soulcommander

I don't really understand what you mean by your post. But I did ask in a previous question about SIP settings in router and was told to leave them alone.