News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forwarding Inbound Calls to Obi...

Started by mjohnsonsa, October 25, 2018, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjohnsonsa

I am using Twilio to receive my inbound calls but am not sure how to get them to forward to my OBI200.

1. What is the proper way to forward incoming calls to your Obi from a VOIP service? I tried sip:mjohnson@<public_ip> but it did not work (dropped call almost immediately without any prompts). Is that correct address and format or do I need something more on it?

2. Does anyone have TwiML code to use to forward inbound calls to you Obi?

3. What are the proper firewall settings that need to be made to allow the inbound calls?

Thanks,
Matt

drgeoff

If your OBi is on a LAN behind a NAT router then you need port forwarding configured on the router.

mjohnsonsa

Thank you for the response. I am using AT&T Uverse and I have port forwarding set up on the router. I also have firewall entries for TCP 5060-5061 and UDP for 5060 per the Uverse SIP "Allowed Applications".

But it is still not working. I am not sure if my TwiML is incorrect or if it is my firewall or what and I don't know how to isolate which is why I first wanted to make sure my address of using "sip:<username>@<public_ip>" is the correct syntax since that would be generic for any incoming SIP handoff and not twilio specific. Is that how everyone else not using GV configures their incoming calls to OBI?

Matt

azrobert

Use this:
"sip:<username>@<public_ip>:<port>"

:<port> is optional for 5060

Port is the X_UserAgentPort of the SP on the OBi you want to use. The default user agent ports for SP1-4 are 5060-3, but these can change during the device setup. Log directly into the OBi200 by entering its IP address into a browser. The userid and default PW are both "admin". Go to Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_UserAgentPort.

What provider is defined on SP1? You are required to have a provider defined.

You need to port forward the X_UserAgentPort and the RTP ports. The default RTP ports for SP1 are 16600- 16798. Forwarding RTP ports are for audio and when not defined won't prevent the phone from ringing.

You can't have any settings that block SIP Scanners. You are OK with the defaults.

mjohnsonsa

Thank You!

You message pointed out to me what the problem was. It appears when using the Twilio Wizard for config in ObiTalk it set the port for SP1 to 5080 instead of 5060. I tried to change it back to 5060 but it would not save. I am not sure why (probably something else using that port?) but I just gave up and changed my firewall to include port 5080 and then appended the port as you recommended to the SIP URI and everything appears to be working!

Thanks again for responding :-)