News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outgoing caller ID shows 427 area code number instead of Google Voice number

Started by rayd, November 02, 2018, 09:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayd

As the subject says, when I make a call from my Obi200 phone, the caller ID that shows up for the call recipient is a number with a 427 area code (an invalid/unused area code) instead of the Google Voice number I have configured.

I completed deleted and factory reset my Obi200 and provisioned it with Google Voice and Anveo 911 service. I can make outgoing and receive incoming calls just fine, except for the wrong outgoing caller ID.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

drgeoff

Quote from: rayd on November 02, 2018, 09:04:43 AM
As the subject says, when I make a call from my Obi200 phone, the caller ID that shows up for the call recipient is a number with a 427 area code (an invalid/unused area code) instead of the Google Voice number I have configured.

I completed deleted and factory reset my Obi200 and provisioned it with Google Voice and Anveo 911 service. I can make outgoing and receive incoming calls just fine, except for the wrong outgoing caller ID.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
Either

1.  You are actually calling out using Anveo

or

2.  Your GV SP was not configured with the correct Google account.

Dial ***1 and listen for the IP address of your OBi.  Point a browser at that address and log in with admin and admin.  Click on Status then on Call History.  Look at the entry for an outgoing call.  Which of SP1 or SP2 does it show?  Which of SP1 or SP2 is configured for GV?

rayd

Thanks for the quick response, drgeoff!

Google Voice definitely has a number configured and the Obi is configured with the correct account on SP1. Anveo is on SP2 and when I checked the call history it showed the outgoing calls on SP2, so that appears to be the culprit.

How do I switch it to place all outgoing calls using SP1?

rayd

Never mind. I figured out how to fix it. It was simply going into the configuration for SP1 and checking the box labeled Phone 1 next to Primary Line for Outgoing Calls.

Thanks again for the quick response and pointer to the correct solution, drgeoff!