News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to setup Obi200 with an automatic voice dialer

Started by Alexicerink, November 03, 2018, 07:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexicerink

Hello, please help. I am trying to use an automatic voice dialer with my Obi200 and VOIP phone which also is an OBIHAI device. My setup is supposed to be linked to a monitor that displays temperature, once the temperature reaches a certain level its supposed to ring via automatic dialer, which previously was hooked to a landline. Now I am using an ObiHai VOIP desk phone and the Obi200 is connected to the automatic dialer. I tried to do a factory reset and re-add the OBi200 to the obitalk interface but I am getting a "this device is already connected to another account" my only goal is to be able to have the automatic voice be able to send out calls through the Obi deskphone.

Thanks

Sheffield_Steve

Alexicerink

Sheffield_Steve

I don't know then. But that's normally a sign that is a used unit that was not meant for retail sale as it's made for a VoIP provider and cannot be changed.

drgeoff

@Alexicerink.

Were you able initially to add the Obi200 to the portal or did you get that error message the very first time you tried?

Alexicerink

@drgeoff

I was able to add it to the portal after a factory reset but it came up as a "soft phone" and I don't know what to do with that.

@Sheffield_Steve

What does that mean exactly?

drgeoff

Quote from: Alexicerink on November 03, 2018, 08:49:19 AM
@drgeoff

I was able to add it to the portal after a factory reset but it came up as a "soft phone" and I don't know what to do with that.

@Sheffield_Steve

What does that mean exactly?
No the softphone is not the OBi200.  The softphone number is a unique 9 digit number that comes with every portal account for optional use with a softphone.  That is fairly useless now as the Obihai softphone apps are no longer available or supported.

There is a 9 digit number on the bottom of the OBi200.  You need to see that on the portal.

If you (or anyone else) have added (and not subsequently removed) the OBi200 to an account on the portal, it cannot be added to a different account (until removed from the other account).

Factory reset of an OBi does not of itself remove an OBi from the portal.  If you successfully added the device previously (the **5 nnnn procedure) then unless you used the "Delete Device" button on the portal it will still be there.