News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi Service Off-line?

Started by MisterRDZ, November 04, 2018, 02:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterRDZ

I have two Obi devices and they both have a Status of "off-line". Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this problem?

drgeoff

Quote from: MisterRDZ on November 04, 2018, 02:55:28 AM
I have two Obi devices and they both have a Status of "off-line". Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Mine are showing as on-line so it isn't everyone.

dboling

both my OBI2xx are showing offline.

syslog error:
Nov  4 08:19:08 obi212  BASE:resolving root.pnn.obihai.com
Nov  4 08:19:09 obi212  TCP:Connect Failed(pnn)29

-Diane

drgeoff

My OBi110 in UK and OBi100 in Japan are showing the green dots on my Dashboard. Can call the **9 222 222 222.

None of my Android devices (in UK) are getting past "Acquiring Service" when opening OBion.  Two softphone numbers.

OBi1032 in UK showing grey dot on Dashboard.  GV service on it is connected. But the phone's display is showing "Obitalk service down" when I press the Lines button.  Can't be called from the OBi110 over the Obitalk network - error 404.

Something's up but ironic that the EOL OBi1x0s are not affected !!

From past history, failures over a weekend don't get fixed before Monday morning business hours, US West Coast timezone.

dboling

Quote from: drgeoff on November 04, 2018, 05:49:08 AM
My OBi110 in UK and OBi100 in Japan are showing the green dots on my Dashboard.

My OBI212 was green dot and my OBI202 was showing offline until I rebooted my (server/firewall/gateway). Now both are offline.

However all are connected to GV, callcentric, and local asterisk server.

I'm wondering if this issue was causing my OBI202 to continue showing needs reboot on the console pages.
I disabled obitalk provisioning and now the needs reboot message is gone.

-Diane

drgeoff

I updated my last post with more info.

I've just now rebooted the 110.  Refreshed the dashboard page and yes the green dot has turned grey.  (100 still green). Dialling the echo test now gives "No service to complete your call".   :(

My Obi202 shows offline as well.  I rebooted my modem and obi device and still get offline on my dashboard.  I can receive and call out on both lines.  Not quite sure why...

drgeoff

Quote from: 1899837987 on November 04, 2018, 12:17:59 PM
My Obi202 shows offline as well.  I rebooted my modem and obi device and still get offline on my dashboard.  I can receive and call out on both lines.  Not quite sure why...
Because the OBihai server is borked.  Only calls over the Obitalk network need that, and probably only for the call set up phase.  Calls using services such as GV and other ITSPs don't use the Obihai server at all.

dboling

I'm glad the Internet Root Name Servers don't use OBIHAI's business model of NO SUPPORT, NO 24 Hour On Call Server Support, NO automated Server/Services Monitoring or the Internet Would just break, just like OBIHAIs SHIT service.

Seems if you have InboundCallRoute set to another OBI ATA via pp(000000000) the call never goes anywhere, even if you also have the CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber set to forward when Obi Service is Off-line.

This business model in just pure negligence.
-Diane

Sheffield_Steve

It's working again as of 8:15 west coast time.

Sp0012

I'm not able to add a new device. I'm getting an error "Failed to connect to your device". Is OBi portal working for anyone else?

Thanks.

drgeoff

Quote from: Sp0012 on November 05, 2018, 10:00:07 AM
I'm not able to add a new device. I'm getting an error "Failed to connect to your device". Is OBi portal working for anyone else?

Thanks.
I don't have a device that needs to be added but the portal is working for me to configure my devices.  The **9 222 222 222 echo test is now working too.  Can you successfully reach that and hear "Welcome to Obitalk ..."?

Sp0012

Yes, echo test is working fine. But I'm not able to add a new device.

Thanks.

drgeoff

Quote from: Sp0012 on November 05, 2018, 10:36:04 AM
Yes, echo test is working fine. But I'm not able to add a new device.

Thanks.
Another poster is reporting the same. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15311.msg95684#msg95684

Possibly the Obihai server is still not 100%.

Sp0012

Thank you drgeoff. I could add a new device just now. It seems OBi services are up now.

Putteringalong

Confirm that OBi is working. I was able to register my phone, set up GV (at least a skeleton), add 911 anveo, and do some basic testing. Still have a lot to learn but it is great to get my home phone that I ported from Verizon to GV back on line.

Special thanks to drgeoff for his help and kind assistance to this noobie, much appreciated sir.

madhatter

Quote from: Sp0012 on November 05, 2018, 10:00:07 AM

Thanks.

yes, I had this problem yesterday with an Obi 200 that was working fine.  Had a green dot but would not integrate with GV... configuration kept failing.

madhatter

Good news on this end ... after numerous tries and failures to get my OBI200 to connect to GV, I deleted the device from the dashboard completely and then added it back as a new device.  It took about 5-10 minutes for it to reboot --- maybe it was downloading a new firmware version?  Anyway it came up connected and working.

Hope this helps.