News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voip.ms, voicemail, and sub accounts?

Started by Ostracus, September 12, 2011, 09:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ostracus

Well talked via chat with a Voip.ms representative and read the SIP_URI wiki section and it sounds like it's more pain than it's worth. I have a voicemail associated with the main account, but can't access it without having a DID. He suggested a sub-account, but I'm not certain how that'll work out having a main and a sub which I really don't need.

Everton

Is the access to the Voicemail the issue here?  Not clear what you are trying to accomplish......

As far as having a main and a sub-account, you would create a sub-account or multiple sub-accounts and essentially use the sub-account information to register to their server.  The main account then becomes useless.  You can register multiple ATAs/OBis to VOIP.ms Servers simultaneously.  When you check the VOIP.ms Web Portal, it will show your main account in red as "NOT REGISTERED".  You can do some neat tricks with sub-accounts, such as having have extension 101 associated with one sub-account and extension 102 with another sub-account and be able to call between extensions with incurring any charges, simply by calling the extension number.

Ostracus

Yes I'm trying to access my voicemail. Interestingly enough my phone says I have a voicemail waiting even though I didn't do anything special to set it up in the Obi110. As for the sub-account that's what a Voip.ms representative said I had to do first in order to access it without a DID.

Edit: My bad the voicemail indicator came from SP1 not two Otherwise I'm still at ground zero

Everton

Under normal circumstances, if you have a Voice Mail in your VOIP.ms Main/Sub-Account, you would dial *97 and would be prompted for your 4-digit pin.  You should be able to modify your Digitmap associated with SP2, so that if you enter let say 123, it passes *97 to SP2 and you will be able to access your VOIP.ms Voicemail.

ITSP Profile B -> DigitMap -> (<123:**2*97>|....

The above might not be the correct syntax, maybe someone can chime in to provide the proper way to accomplish this. Note: given you setup, this change might need to be made to your "User Defined Digit MapX".

You also need to enable (make sure they are checked) under SP2 for Voice Mail notification on your Phone:

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)