News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 as a PSTN gateway, strange delay

Started by Stargazer, November 05, 2018, 10:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

Hello,
It works fine but only if I start dialing after 7 or 8 seconds after the connection is established.
If I dial something during the first 6 seconds, the result is always wrong number or wrong code.
When I start to dial after 7 seconds are elapsed it dials always correctly.
DTMF tones are indicate as received since the first second (if i press a button).

The configuration is simple:
SP2->Line

The SIP Inbound Call Route is {('remote_sip_user')>('local_sip_user'):li}

Auto Attendant is not used.

It seems to me like kind of internal timer which blocks correct dialing until it expires.

I was thinking about digitmap but I don't believe that a digitmap can operate only for the first 7-8 seconds.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

azrobert

It looks like you have SP2 setup as an extension on a PBX and you send a call to it and want to get dial tone on the PSTN. After that you dial an outbound number. If that is what you are doing try this:
{('remote_sip_user')>('local_sip_user'):li('')}

That's 2 single quotes between the parentheses.

A better method is to define a trunk on the PBX pointing to the IP address and the X_UserAgentPort of the OBi110. Now just route an outbound number to the OBi110 using this inbound route:
{remote_sip_user:li}

Stargazer

azrobert, you are my hero:) With ('') it works fine, without any delays. Now I'm just curious what is happening behind... does ('') prevent obi110 from sending caller-id to the line? I think it shouldn't be the case because X_SpoofCallerID is set to No.
Thanks for the excellent support.

azrobert

When spoof callerid is disabled your old rule will send 'local_sip_user' as an outbound number to Line. I surprised you don't hear an error message from your PSTN provider. li('') will override this with nulls.

When spoof callerid is enabled it will send callerid as the outbound number.