News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Reset OBI200 and now cannot reinstall

Started by hefner413, November 05, 2018, 10:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hefner413

I have the OBI200 and had not used it for a while.  I decided to use it again and it wasn't working, so I decided to do a hard reset and add it back.  So I did the hard reset and now I'm unable to add it back to the dashboard.  I have determined the IP address and opened the ports on my router.  When I go to add the device, I dial the **5 number and it times out every time and says Failed to connect to your device.  My OBI200 has a solid light on the power light and the middle light is flashing.  I seem to have connection to the internet, but cannot add the device despite trying a dozen times.  I AM able to pass the echo test.  What should I do?

drgeoff

The Obihai server was not working properly over the weekend.

That is now reported to be back up again but perhaps it is not fully functional as another poster has very recently reported inability to add his device to the portal.

It is very rare that it is necessary to configure ports on a residential router to work with an OBi device.  If you did have this setup working previously I suggest that you revert your router settings and hang fire until there is more clarity on the Obihai server situation.

hefner413

Thanks.  Hopefully the server issue is the problem and will be resolved soon.  I did get a new router since I had used my UBI last, so I figured I needed to open the ports again.  Since I'm getting the echo test to work now (the echo test was not working yesterday), hopefully I'll be able to add the device back soon. 

drgeoff

Quote from: hefner413 on November 05, 2018, 10:29:25 AM
Thanks.  Hopefully the server issue is the problem and will be resolved soon.  I did get a new router since I had used my UBI last, so I figured I needed to open the ports again.  Since I'm getting the echo test to work now (the echo test was not working yesterday), hopefully I'll be able to add the device back soon. 
Opening a port is not the same as forwarding a port.  None of the tens of home routers I've come across had provision for the user to do the former.  Most of them provided means to do port forwarding but that is only relevant to incoming traffic and all the ports bar one in that list in the Obihai FAQ are outgoing.

If your router has a "SIP ALG" setting, it is often better to disable that.  Otherwise leave things on defaults until otherwise is proven necessary.

hefner413

Ah.  Helpful info.  Yeah... I've just forwarded those ports, as you assumed.  I'll remove those settings.  

Also, I disabled sip alg, as you recommended.

It is odd though... when you are having problems and cannot install, it connects you to a link that tells you the following, so I thought that might fix it:

What ports should I keep open on my router/firewall?
In order for your OBi to be able to send packets w/o interruption, please configure your router as follows:

Allow Outgoing:
TCP Ports: 6800, 5222, 5223
UDP Ports: 5060, 5061, 10000 to 11000, 16600 to 16998, 19305
Allow Incoming on UDP Port: 10000

Sp0012

@hefner413, please try again. I've had the same issue. It's working now for me with default settings in the router.

hefner413

SUCCESS!  I sure wish that the install page would have stated ***OBI is having server issues currently and adding devices will be temporarily disabled***

This would have saved me a few hours of frustration. 

drgeoff

Quote from: hefner413 on November 05, 2018, 11:17:10 AM
SUCCESS!  I sure wish that the install page would have stated ***OBI is having server issues currently and adding devices will be temporarily disabled***

This would have saved me a few hours of frustration. 
If there had been anyone around to put that message up, that same person could have fixed the problem. There wasn't. OBihai HQ is not a 24/7 operation.