News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Failed: 403 Forbidden

Started by Beast, November 07, 2018, 12:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beast

Very strange. Just started getting this error message when I attempt to dial out using my Obihai 1062 with Google Voice.  Incoming calls work just fine.  I made an outgoing call about 30 mins ago and just tried to make another one and got that message.

Any ideas?

s177oke77

s177oke77

Looks like something is up with Obi or Google ( i use GV)

BrooklynVoicer

Me, too.  I was trying to call someone who has a U.S. DID in Europe at the time, and my first thought was that GV was blocking it for, I dunno, bypassing their overseas rates, or something.  I had no trouble calling it with another service provider on my 202 (for those of you who only use GV, you might consider having another provider on your device, as a backup plan).  

Afterwards, I tried a few other regular U.S. numbers with GV, and they're all failing.  So, it looks like I'll be paying for outbound calls until this is fixed.

At least it's not an Obihai problem.

DCARNESC

have same "403 forbidden"when calling out    did successful echo test.   can call in and leave a message, text out with google voice.  calling out still gives "403 forbidden"   i suspect the fault is with obi site, not the obi202 device.

drgeoff

Quote from: s177oke77 on November 07, 2018, 12:30:54 PM
Looks like something is up with Obi or Google ( i use GV)
Lots of people reporting similar problem.  Once initially configured and working OK with GV, GV calls via your OBi device do not use anything else that Obihai is responsible for.  As it is very unlikely that so many Obi devices would develop a hardware or software fault producing the same symptoms on the same day, the finger points at GV.

drgeoff

Quote from: DCARNESC on November 07, 2018, 12:59:55 PM
have same "403 forbidden"when calling out    did successful echo test.   can call in and leave a message, text out with google voice.  calling out still gives "403 forbidden"   i suspect the fault is with obi site, not the obi202 device.
Once your OBi is configured and working with GV, the "Obi site" plays no part whatsoever in your making or receiving GV calls.

danull

I am also having this problem with my previously working Obi 202 using Google Voice as of today.

Thread is going on the google voice help forum too:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/k5fxrWQrws4;context-place=forum/voice

drgeoff

Confirming that my 1032 has the same problem.  I have another non-OBi method of making calls over the same GV account.  That is able to make calls OK.

sbcrumb

Also having the same issue with my obi200 started around 330pm EST. Factory reset etc No joy. Nice to know what is going on.

BrooklynVoicer

Quote from: drgeoff on November 07, 2018, 01:08:10 PM
Confirming that my 1032 has the same problem.  I have another non-OBi method of making calls over the same GV account.  That is able to make calls OK.

So, that seems to point to the Obi/GV interface, and not to the basic GV service itself.  As you said, it can't be the Obitalk website, which is only for configuration.  Any idea where the problem might be?

Does this mean we're all going to have to upgrade our firmware again?

Charlotte

Same issue here with Google Voice and 403 errors.  Right when I was to be on a conference call too. 

DCARNESC

Issue appears to be solved as of 1:40 pm Pacific time.

Charlotte

Back up.  Google forum too reporting success getting back to making/receiving calls.  :)

BrooklynVoicer

Whew!  Glad it's back up without us needing to upgrade anything on our ends!