News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Passing PSTN caller id to SIP

Started by Stargazer, November 07, 2018, 04:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

Currently I receive calls from the PSTN line through my obi110 to my SIP client on my cell phone.

It works fine but I'd like to receive the caller id from the PSTN line to my SIP client.

Obi-SP2 and the mobile SIP Client are configured with free SIP accounts from one and the same SIP provider.

CallerIDspoofing should help here but it requires spoofing to be enabled between the two SIP accounts (obi110<->cell phone). In my case it is not supported and from the support answered me that unless I prove that there is a bug nothing can be changed.

So, when X_SpoofCallerID is set to Yes I receive the error message "407 Proxy Authentication Required" in the Call log.
With InboundCallRoute sp2(cell_phone_sip_id;ui=$1) I get the same "407 Proxy Authentication Required" error message.

Does anybody know if there are any SIP providers where spoofing is enabled between SIP accounts registered by one and the same user?

Also kind of direct ip2ip connection without using any SIP accounts may be a better solution, but can someone give me an idea what the configuration should be?

azrobert

I've used Callcentric's free IP-Freedom or SIP2SIP. You must use spoof callerid with SIP2SIP, "ui=" won't work.

sp2(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com)
or
sp2(name@sip2sip.info)

Stargazer

Actually I'm using sip2sip. I tried again to enable spoof caller id, and this time in the call log I receive the error: "End Call (403 Username!=From not allowed)".

The IncomingCallRoute is sp2(name@sip2sip.info) and SpoofCallerID is enabled. This is between two sip2sip accounts. Did I miss something?

azrobert

I was already setup for the following test to sip2sip and it passed the callerid.
I used CSipSimple on an Android to register to sip2sip via WiFi. Used Basic wizard to setup.

Spoof CallerID enabled
OBi110 SP2 inbound call route:
sp2(name@sip2sip.info)

I called the OBi110 SP2 with the Phonerlite softphone on a Windows PC.

I then tried: sp2(name@sip2sip.info;ui=4805551212) and I received a 503 error.

Callcentric should work.

Edit:

I see you're you have sip2sip defined on sp2.
I'll try with sp2 registered to sip2sip.

Try sp1:
sp1(name@sip2sip.info)

Edit2:
Mine also fails when sp2 is registered to sip2sip.
Again, try SP1

Stargazer

I tried with CSipSimple and sp1(name@sip2sip.info) as InboundCallRoute for the line.
I get the same error:    End Call (403 Username!=From not allowed).

The difference I see is that I call from another cell phone to the PSTN line so I wonder if it is possible that Spoofing works between SP1 and SP2 and not for the line?

I will try callcentric also.

azrobert

Quote from: Stargazer on November 07, 2018, 11:26:03 AM
I wonder if it is possible that Spoofing works between SP1 and SP2 and not for the line?

No, I'm currently routing Line calls to an OBi200 and spoof callerid works. I'm doing this testing with an extra OBi110. Anyway, I just tested routing a call to Callcentric with SP2 registered to sip2sip and spoof callerid worked.

I think the problem happens when SP2 is registered to sip2sip and you route the call to sip2sip. I can't explain why. Is SP1 also registered to sip2sip?

Stargazer

You are absolutely right. I confirm that the problem happens between two sip2sip accounts. When the SIP client on the cell phone is registered with SIP account from another provider the spoofing works fine.

As a side note, I still wonder if it is possible to connect a sip client to obi without a sip account... in that way it will not depend on SIP server settings.

Thanks for the great support.

drgeoff

Quote from: Stargazer on November 07, 2018, 04:33:11 PM
As a side note, I still wonder if it is possible to connect a sip client to obi without a sip account...
Yes, of course it is possible.