News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New work from home job, want to see if OBI can accomodate me!

Started by Jstevens, November 07, 2018, 09:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jstevens

Hey all,

I'm starting a new work from home job this week and am looking at setting up some sort of number (google voice, some other service, etc) that I can dedicate to my new job as opposed to using my cell. I'd like to be able to have that number forwarded to my cell if I don't answer it on the phone connected to OBI, and then after that go to voicemail (currently I use google voice voicemail on my cell, so I'm ok with it going to my cell's voicemail)

I want to keep the numbers between my cell and the service (google voice, other?) separate from each other except for the forwarding.

So I guess my questions are: if OBI will work for me?  Would google voice be the voip service I should go with?  Any OBI services I should think about getting on top of just getting the device?

I'm very new to all of this so if you could give me a hand with your recommended setup I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you so much!

SteveInWA

Hi there:

Yes, technically, you can do that with an OBiTALK device.  However, a lot depends on your job requirements.  If this is a remote customer service job, for example, they often require that you call into their system when you start work, and be logged into an ACD queue (where the system sends the next customers' calls to the next available agent), then no, it wouldn't be a good idea.  Another potential issue is that Google Voice has a 3-hour maximum per call, so, if you are on some endless conference call, you'd be disconnected and have to dial back in.

What, specifically, will be your responsibilities with regard to being on the phone?