News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Every call getting an error code 403

Started by Tobor, November 07, 2018, 12:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobor

I've got an Obihai 202.  Just realized that all outbound calls result in an error code 403; inbound calls do not ring through (but do ring through to Google Hangouts).

Haven't touched a single thing in my configuration in months.  I'm on the latest firmware. 

Any ideas?

Dan123

JerseyDevil

Same thing. Calls were going ok up until about 2:45PM ET (30 mins ago), now both GV lines connected to my Obi200 are giving 403 errors when trying to dial out. Tried rebooting device and router, still having issues. Did not touch anything and this had previously been working for... well, as long as I've had this Obi200.

estus

Also getting this error, same scenario as the others, just started this morning. Inbound calls are fine but outbound calls are getting error 403.

tb813

Same here - GV on Obi200 stopped working about 2 hours ago. Rebooting didn't help. Updating the firmware to 3.2.2 (build 5921EX) didn't help either.

Status shows SP1 (GV) as "Connected".

Other SIP providers on the same device still work fine, it's only GV that experiences the issue :(.

dougC

Same problem here.  Started sometime after 2 pm. I rebooted the OBI device which provided no help.  

If I call a number associated with the OBI, it rings the OBI but when I pick up the associated connected phone, the connection is not established and it keeps riinging on the initiating end and then goes to voice mail.

If I try to call out from the phone connected to OBI I get the 403 error message.

I did try using Google voice directly (independent of OBI) to place a call and that did work.

Hopefully a glitch that will clear up quickly...

Bonvant

Me too...
The number you dialed (any number) was rejected by the service provider. Reason 403
This just stared all of a sudden today 11/07/2018 at about 2:30 eastern time.
Can someone please help?
Rebooted and everything else, but still did not correct the issue.

Ken1908

jjtricket

Taoman

Likewise. Two GV lines on two different OBi200s receive an immediate 403 SIP error when calling out.

Inbound direct calls will ring my GV line but I'm unable to answer the call. Inbound calls only seem to work when forwarding to Callcentric, VoIP.ms, etc.

This is why I strongly recommend those using GV exclusively to add a 2nd provider for both inbound and outbound calling.
For instance, if you had the Callcentric North America Basic plan ($1.95/month) which includes E911 and 120 outbound minutes per month everyone would still be up and running just fine.

bradshaw

FGAR

Same issue here using GV with Obi 200.

More information: Incoming calls seem to ring, but when picked up there is no one on the other end of the line. In our testing it appears that the caller never knows the line was picked up. To them it just keep ringing. Like other posters, all outbound calls are getting the dreaded 403 error.

edited: This issue began today 2018-11-07 at roughly noon Central US time.

Arkady72

Same here. Google voice works with cell phone but not with obi202. started problem today 11/1/18.

hfamily

Same here, seems to be a Google Voice issue as far as I can tell start today 11/7/2018 for us.

SARCtech

jaybillybob

only my PC makes calls. no obi or android gvoice.  down....

violetr

Same issue started around 12pm pst today in the middle of a call. Call dropped and could not redial. Deleted and re-setup google voice twice. No change, problem persists. The setup works, meaning the account authentication to google is working. It's something in the routing protocols that's getting messed up.

Outgoing calls: error 403

Incoming calls: phone rings, but when answered there is nothing.

Google Voice services are up, as I can make/receive calls from my computers through the hangouts window.

simpleAnswers

Someone from Obi/ POLYCOM should at least give an update on what the issue is. This appears to be systemwide failure across the board with nothing said by OBi.

YoungbloodGJ

Same here, started around 1:30 pm MT.

Anyone get a solution yet?

:-\

quattroa4m

Has anyone started the port out process? This is unacceptable and a real blackeye for Polycom.