News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call rejected by service provider. Reason is 403

Started by caleecs, November 07, 2018, 01:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caleecs

Am using ObiTalk with Google voice.

Just today started getting this error message when trying to dial out: "the number you dailed xxx-xxx-xxxx was rejected by the service provider. Reason is 403"

When I try to dial my number from another phone, my Obitalk phone rings, but when I pick up, it doesn't connect. The person calling me (in this case, myself from another phone) just hears the phone continuing to ring and then it goes to voicemail.

On my ObiTalk dashboard, everything looks right.

I tried powering down the Obi 200.

kyoshiro

Same issue here with Google Voice and 403 errors.

caleecs

I have two devices installed and both are having the problem.

Charlotte

Same issue here with Google Voice and 403 errors.

Chicagoan

any update on this?  Having the same issue.  Deleted google voice and set up again.  Didn't help.

I was able to make calls with google hangout.  So not a google problem....leads me to believe has to do with ObiTalk.

D.F.

Jeff-66

Just started getting this too. Seems to be global.

cnc137

I noticed the same problem a little bit ago when I tried to dial out to any phone number.

I tried calling the ObiTALK Echo Test at **9 222 222 222 and it worked, but calling any phone number doesn't.

When I try calling our Obi phone numbers (home or business) from my cell phone the phones connected to our OBi202 ring, but when I pick them up I have a dead line on the Obi202 end and my cell phone just keeps ring and ends up going to my Google Voice voicemail.

I also tried rebooting my cable modem, router (Google WiFi), and switch and that didn't fix the problem.

andy_777

Hi,

I have OBI200 and it was working fine until today (11/7).  Using it via Google Voice.

I could not make any phone calls and kept on getting error 403 and 404 error code messages.  Noticed it was showing "Offline" in red.  Rebooted both router and Adapter.

Tried the **9 222 222 222 echo test and it works fine.
Have an Active  Premium HW and Premium Tech Support.  Could I talk with someone via phone to help me with this please.  What is the phone support number?

Thanks!

s177oke77

drgeoff

Quote from: Chicagoan on November 07, 2018, 01:14:28 PM
any update on this?  Having the same issue.  Deleted google voice and set up again.  Didn't help.

I was able to make calls with google hangout.  So not a google problem....leads me to believe has to do with ObiTalk.
Once your Obi device is configured and working with GV, the Obitalk network and Obihai servers play NO  PART WHATSOEVER in your making and receiving GV calls.

GV has inadvertently or deliberately introduced some change in their system which, probably unwittingly, has caused an incompatibility with OBi devices.

This can only be fixed by GV undoing whatever they did or Obihai preparing a firmware fix and distributing it.  The latter is not something that would be done within a few days .

TelephoneBear

Same nightmare here (with the Obi212)...matching all of the above users' posts.

BTW, why isn't there a live, informative "SERVICE DOWN" Web page that we may consult?

kyoshiro

TelephoneBear

Yes, just after my post!  I think it was my use of bold.  :-)

Jeff-66

Quote from: TelephoneBear on November 07, 2018, 01:43:25 PM

I think it was my use of bold.  :-)

The hero we need! ;D

Yep, back up for me too. Hopefully it stays that way.

cnc137

Both of my lines are working again as of this post. :)

MSRobi

I am on SafeLink, and I was given a new Verizon SIM card for my cell phone (Since TracFone was bought by Verizon, they are pushing people to switch from a T-Mobile SIM to a Verizon SIM).

My number transferred successfully, except now when I dial my cell phone from my home GVoice line (using an OBi202 device), I get instant "The phone number you dialed was rejected by the service provider.  Reason 403".

Interestingly I can receive calls on my home line from my cell phone.  I also can send and receive calls to my wife's cell phone (she is T-Mobile).  I also can send calls from my home line to other phone numbers I usually dial.  The problem appears to be just with sending a call to my cell phone.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this problem?  Rebooting OBI202 didn't help (and frankly I didn't expect it to).

drgeoff

Quote from: MSRobi on September 02, 2022, 12:49:02 PMI am on SafeLink, and I was given a new Verizon SIM card for my cell phone (Since TracFone was bought by Verizon, they are pushing people to switch from a T-Mobile SIM to a Verizon SIM).

My number transferred successfully, except now when I dial my cell phone from my home GVoice line (using an OBi202 device), I get instant "The phone number you dialed was rejected by the service provider.  Reason 403".

Interestingly I can receive calls on my home line from my cell phone.  I also can send and receive calls to my wife's cell phone (she is T-Mobile).  I also can send calls from my home line to other phone numbers I usually dial.  The problem appears to be just with sending a call to my cell phone.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this problem?  Rebooting OBI202 didn't help (and frankly I didn't expect it to).
Did you test calls to your cellphone from phones other than your OBi?

MSRobi

Yes, tested.  The only issue is from Google Voice to my native cell phone number.

I believe the problem is all within Google Voice, because I have a google voice number that forwards to my cell phone, and no matter what cell phone or device I initiate the call (to the google voice number), it is not forwarding to the cell phone.

Maybe since the transfer of the number from t-mobile to verizon is still fresh and I have to be patient and let it work through the system.

MSRobi

I just got a call on my cell phone from somebody using my google voice number.  So I made a call from my OBI device to my cell and now it is working too.  So I was right that I just had to be patient.  It definitely was not the smoothest transition changing SIM card carriers!