News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

unable to make work, offline but light is green.

Started by paulvictorville, November 07, 2018, 04:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvictorville

I bought a obi202 about a month ago on ebay from a person in Alabama and have yet top get anywhere past the echo test.

The number on the box is 500 863 467 and the number on the dashboard every digit is different 290 511 013 .

Also the first two lights are green yet it shows offline.

Also I get the message that 100 and 102 are no longer supported when going to the setup page, and would think that if the page is working properly would not show that to everyone.

I'm thinking that this is a relabled box, and my chances of getting it to work are slim. Am I wrong about this?

drgeoff

Quote from: paulvictorville on November 07, 2018, 04:08:57 PM
I bought a obi202 about a month ago on ebay from a person in Alabama and have yet top get anywhere past the echo test.

The number on the box is 500 863 467 and the number on the dashboard every digit is different 290 511 013 .

Also the first two lights are green yet it shows offline.

Also I get the message that 100 and 102 are no longer supported when going to the setup page, and would think that if the page is working properly would not show that to everyone.

I'm thinking that this is a relabled box, and my chances of getting it to work are slim. Am I wrong about this?
That 290 number is for assigning to an optional softphone.  A softphone number comes gratis with every Obitalk account.

An OBi is added to the portal by clicking on "Add device".  That returns a 4 digit number.  You dial **5 plus those 4 digits.  If successful the device wil appear on the Dashboard and show the same 9 digit number as on the bottom of the device.  if you get a message that the device cannot be added because it has already been added to another account you are SOL.  The seller has knowingly or unknowingly scammed you.  A "factory reset" (the hole on the bottom) will NOT rectify the situation and it is often reported that Obihai tech support has not assisted others in the same situation.

OBi202 and 302 are the only models that have two phone jacks and two ethernet jacks.

The message about 100 and 110 being EOL is normal.  Just ignore it.