News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiHai 212, Google Voice bridging to POTS, can't get it to work

Started by bufbills83, November 08, 2018, 05:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bufbills83

Please excuse my misuse of some terminology as I am new to all of this...

I work at a business and my phone extension cannot receive an outside line as I can only call other extensions within my place of work. I would like to have phone calls that are made to my extension to be forwarded to my cell phone. Also, I would like to be able to have my cell phone make phone calls from my work extension. Is this possible? I was told I could get an obihai 212, a google voice account, and this could work.  I do not have access to the phone server, just the phone jack on my office wall.  So far, I am having trouble getting it set up.

Maybe to clarify (or confuse more lol) I bought an Invoxia Voice Bridge to do exactly this.  It worked perfect using it with my home phone number at my house.  However, with my office phone, it would not work.  Calls came in fine (caller id did not work however), but I could not dial out because the voice bridge app on my phone automatically puts a country code on the number and it cannot be removed (even after checking with Invoxia).

I am open to getting another VOiP service other than Google Voice if that is the issue.  However, I am lost  Can someone help?  Thanks.

azrobert

I'm not familiar with the Invoxia. How do you call another extension and can you do this from the Invoxia? What numbers can you dial from the Invoxia app?

Do you have the OBi212 setup with GV?

Edit:

You can connect the OBi212 to the office phone jack then connect the Invoxia to the OBi212. The OBi212 can remove the country code before sending the call to the office phone server. Depending on what numbers the Invoxia will accept, the OBi212 can route the call to GV or the office phone.

I think the Invoxia will work with you cell network, so I assume you want access from outside your office.