News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help testing Google Voice

Started by jadog, November 10, 2018, 11:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadog

I am attempting to test Google Voice from my Obi202. It works fine when I call my google voice phone number using my cell phone. My Obi rings my phone and it works. However, the issue is when I try to test an outbound call from my Obi using the SP tied to my google account. Below is my current configuration:

SP1 is my main provider and it works great.
SP2 is currently not being used and is empy.
SP3 is used for specific international numbers
SP4 is used for Google Voice.

Digit map for SP4:

(<9:>xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

Gateways and Trunks > Trunk Group 1
sp2,sp3,sp1,sp4

I wanted to be configured to dial '9' to force a call through google voice, hence the digit map above. When I dial '9' prior to the phone number, I would expect an outbound call to go through SP4 (Google Voice). For example, I dail with this format: 9-123-456-7890. However, I simply hear an automated message "The number you have dialed has not been recognized...".

Can someone help point me to what I'm doing wrong?

azrobert

Change TG1 DigitMap to:
((Msp2)|(Msp3)|(Msp1)|9xxxxxxxxxx)

If this works, I'll explain why.

jadog

So....the TG1 DigitMap was PREVIOUSLY set as:

((Msp1)|(Msp2)|(Msp3)|9xxxxxxxxxx)

I changed to your recommendation...

((Msp2)|(Msp3)|(Msp1)|9xxxxxxxxxx)

I then tried using dialing a number preceeded by a '9' and I still get the same automated message.

Note, the changes were made via Obi Expert Config.

azrobert

The sequence doesn't matter. I just put them in the same order as your TrunkList.

Please post your Phone and ITSP A,B,C DigitMaps.
Also your Phone OutboundCallRoute.

Edit:

Does your GV trunk work?
Define a speed dial as: sp4(any_valid_number)
now dial the speed dial number

jadog

ITSP A: (911|933|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1260>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.S3)
ITSP B: (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
ITSP C: (01136[237]0xxxxxxx)
ITSP D: (<9:>xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

Phone 1 Outbound call route:
{([19]900xxxxxxx):},{(<9:1>xxxxxxxxxx|<9:1260>xxxxxxx|12605659005):sp4},{911:sp1},{933:sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

---------------------

Does **4 mean I can press this sequence first to get to SP4? I probably configured this a long time ago and complete forgot...

jadog

I think I may have just figured it out. I recently disconnected my Obi while moving some equipment and just now realized that I accidentally plugged it back into phone 2, instead of phone 1. Will post back if that corrects...

*** Edit ***

Ok, more information. When I connect into phone 1, I don't get any dial tone. I looked at the difference between Phone 1 and Phone 2 and found the following:

"PrimaryLine" for Phone 1: Trunk Group 1
"PrimaryLine: for Phone 2: OBiTalk Settings

Any clue what is going on with this? I tested Phone 2 by changing to Trunk Group 1 and following a reboot that line also stops giving a dial tone. Any clue what I'm doing wrong here?

jadog

Ok, so after factory resetting my oBi 202, I started over fresh. I have configured everything like it was, and now when I dial 9 first, followed by a phone number, I get the following message:

"The number you dialed 9-706-843-131 has not received a response from the service provider".

So it doesn't recognize the purpose of the 9 at the beginning to direct it to SP4.

zapattack

Check Status/Call History on the 202
to determine which SP was selected and what digits were sent.

jadog

After another device reset, I re-instated my settings. Google Voice is now working again when I dial 9. Thanks for the help.