News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi1062 does not ring using Google Voice

Started by Chad418, November 11, 2018, 02:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad418

I have tried to post this a few times but I receive an error message. I will try to do so without the screenshot attachment. I think everything is set up properly but the phone does not ring. I can call out without any issues but if you call the Google Voice number the phone will ring on the caller side 5 times before the GV voicemail picks up. The phone does not ring at all? I have the google voice setting:

Your Google Voice Number:
(224) xxx-xxxx
Forwards calls to:
X -  OBiTALK Device - 6XXXXX564
sip:BIHDQOCLGAYU4QJQGBGTKNC7GBVGY4DGMRUHE3TONBSGUZDG===@obihai.sip.google.com

drgeoff

Immediately under that line is an Edit button.  Click that.  Then click the "Show advanced settings" link.  Are the Ring Schedule settings OK?

Chad418

The Ring Schedule options are set as follows:

Weekdays
X Always ring on weekdays

Weekends
X Always ring on weekends

SteveInWA

We could spend a lot of time back and forth, trying to find the exact cause, but in the large majority of cases, resetting your OBi device and re-doing the Google Voice configuration fixes the problem.  Note:  the link below refers to the OBi 200/202 products and their firmware, but the "do-over" procedure also applies to the IP phones.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

Chad418

Surprisingly enough, I decided yesterday to do a hard reset as suggested and as I sat down the phone rang! it has been working fine for the past two days without doing anything??? I will not question it but will plan to reset if I encounter future problems. Thank for your help.