News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GSIP+Incredible PBX+Obi1032--phone not connecting

Started by FocusGuy, November 12, 2018, 05:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FocusGuy

Can anyone help me with what settings need to change to get GVSIP account that is already setup (the nerdvittles way) with my Incredible PBX to connect with my phone (Obi 1032) so I can start making calls? Thanks in advance.

azrobert

What happens when you try a call? Any error codes?

Google again changed something on their servers. See starting here:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32183189-

Why don't you define GV directly on your 1032?

Edit:
That link doesn't work correctly.
Try this link. It starts a few posts down:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32016984-Asterisk-Google-Voice-SIP-testing-and-technical-discussion~start=1080

drgeoff

Quote from: FocusGuy on November 12, 2018, 05:37:00 AM
Can anyone help me with what settings need to change to get GVSIP account that is already setup (the nerdvittles way) with my Incredible PBX to connect with my phone (Obi 1032) so I can start making calls? Thanks in advance.
4 steps:

1. GVSIP account already set up as a trunk on the PBX.

2. The OBi1032 registered as an extension on the PBX.

3.  An Outbound Route set up on the PBX to use the GVSIP trunk.

4.  An Inbound Route set up on the PBX to send incoming GV calls to the extension number assigned to the OBi1032.

FocusGuy

Step 2 is the one that I need the guidance for. How do I manage to do that? I have already done all the other steps. There are so many settings when I use the ip to connect to the phone. Or should I be using the obitalk expert setting in the web portal? Thanks for your responses. I will keep looking but I would appreciate help with getting the phone registered and connected to my PBX so I can use an auto attendant, try all the features (IVR), wait music, etc. and create a great testing environment.

drgeoff

Quote from: FocusGuy on November 12, 2018, 08:30:47 PM
Step 2 is the one that I need the guidance for. How do I manage to do that? I have already done all the other steps. There are so many settings when I use the ip to connect to the phone. Or should I be using the obitalk expert setting in the web portal? Thanks for your responses. I will keep looking but I would appreciate help with getting the phone registered and connected to my PBX so I can use an auto attendant, try all the features (IVR), wait music, etc. and create a great testing environment.
You can use either the "Generic Service Provider" template on the basic portal or the Expert mode.  You only need to fill in these three fields of the former:

Service Provider Proxy Server.  The IP address of your PBX or its name if you have that in a local DNS server.
Username.  The extension number which must match what you will use in the PBX.  See below.
Password.  Anything you like but must match what you will use in the PBX. See below.

On FreePBX create an PBX extension.  Generic CHAN SIP device.
User Extension.  Same as Username above.  The Nerd Vittles Incredible PBX typically uses the 700 to 799 range.
Secret.  Same as Password above.

FocusGuy

I am getting a 503 error when I try to dial out and when I call the google number the phone does not ring. the SP is registered. So I don't know what to do next.

drgeoff

Quote from: FocusGuy on November 13, 2018, 11:49:20 AM
I am getting a 503 error when I try to dial out and when I call the google number the phone does not ring. the SP is registered. So I don't know what to do next.
What troubleshooting have you already done?

Do you know your way around the PBX or are you a beginner at that?

Outgoing calls: Log in to the 1032's onboard web server and look at the Call History.  Is your call going out on the correct SP and with the number in the format that the PBX is expecting?

Incoming calls:  Use the Reports, CDR Reports screen of the PBX to see if the calls are reaching the PBX and if yes what it is doing with them.

azrobert

Read the 2nd link I posted above. I was getting 503 errors and this fixed it.

You need to check this conf file:
/etc/asterisk/pjsip_custom.conf

An outbound proxy for GV is defined under "type=registration" and "type=endpoint".
If the proxy is "voice.telephony.goog" it needs to be changed.
I used "fi.telephony.goog", but IP address "64.9.242.172" also works.

I'm not using IncrediblePBX. Hopefully they put the definition in the same place. If it's not there look at the other PJSIP CONF files.

You should know where you defined the GV trunk.

FocusGuy

I am a newbie with this stuff. I checked the phone and it only shows the number I tried to dial and a 503 error every time. I checked the PBX but CDR report and there is nothing in there.

So my guess is that the PBX is not connected with the phone. When I dial I do get the Google voicemail.

drgeoff

Break the problems down into smaller chunks.  I suggest you first concentrate on ensuring that your 1032 is properly connected to the PBX.

1.  Use the PBX Reports menu to select "Asterisk Info" and from there "Peers".  You should see a line for the extension number you have the 1032 on.  The status column should show "OK".

2.  Nerd Vittles typically adds several information extensions. eg 4747.  Do you get a man's voice response from that?

FocusGuy

AZRobert.... I tried changing the proxy server but now it's saying that the Google number is not in service when I call it. any any idea?

FocusGuy

since I made that change I do see this in the CDR Report now:

Call Date   Recording   System   CallerID   Outbound CallerID   DID   App   Destination   Disposition   Duration   Userfield   Account   CDR Table   CDR Graph
2018-11-13 17:21:41      1542147701.2   4805593532         SayAlpha   s [from-pstn]   ANSWERED   00:10            
2018-11-13 17:21:11      1542147671.1   4805593532         Hangup   s [from-pstn]   ANSWERED   00:16            

azrobert

Quote from: FocusGuy on November 13, 2018, 02:37:39 PM
since I made that change I do see this in the CDR Report now:

That is encouraging. The call is now getting to your PBX. I'm not currently using FreePBX, so I might not be much help. You probably have something wrong with your inbound route. If I remember correctly, you need a custom trunk pointing to the PJSIP GV definition and an inbound route. Re-check the Incredible PBX instructions. Also check the outbound route setup instructions.

FocusGuy

It seems that my PBX is connected to the GVSIP since I changed the google servers but when I call the Google number it now says my phone number is not in service. From what I can gather from the CDR report the number is connected to the PBX but my phone is not connected. I have an outbound and an inbound route in the system. Where do I look next?

azrobert

Login to the OBiTalk portal. Does it show SP1 Registered?

Just curious, do you live in the east valley?

drgeoff

Quote from: FocusGuy on November 14, 2018, 01:01:04 PMFrom what I can gather from the CDR report the number is connected to the PBX but my phone is not connected. I have an outbound and an inbound route in the system. Where do I look next?
What happens when you dial any of the info numbers that are "resident" on the PBX? If the phone is connected you should be able to reach them - no trunk, no outbound route, no outbound route needs to be working for them.  The NV page you read to install Incredible PBX should have a list. Eg 4747 or 411 or 767.  Note that your OBi may take about 10 seconds to call these so either wait longer than that or add a # to the end of the number.

FocusGuy

Quote from: azrobert on November 14, 2018, 01:22:53 PM
Login to the OBiTalk portal. Does it show SP1 Registered?

Just curious, do you live in the east valley?

It said registered while I was doing all that work on it .... I once lived in the East Valley (Mesa). How about you?

drgeoff

azrobert

Quote from: FocusGuy on November 20, 2018, 01:16:54 PM
I once lived in the East Valley (Mesa). How about you?

I live in Fountain Hills.

Asterisk GV_SIP is dead as noted by drgeoff.

You can define the GV trunk on the OBi1032 and then route calls between IncrediblePBX. This way you can get all the functions of the PBX, but the setup becomes more complex.
See:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31997421-Asterisk-How-to-turn-your-OBi20x-device-into-a-SIP-to-GVSIP-bridge