News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV doesn't recognize voicemail PIN - solved

Started by goldy, November 12, 2018, 06:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldy

Hello,
Any ideas about this: I've got a new Obi200 that I'm using with GV.  Works great calling out.  Works great calling in.  Only problem is when I try to call my GV number to get my messages.  It obviously recognizes that I'm calling from a GV phone, because it falls right into the voicemail and asks for my PIN.  I enter it, but I always get: "I'm sorry, I didn't catch that."  I noticed that there is a setting on the Google Voice page to change the whether you can get VM through the Obi number, and it was set to "no".  Tried setting it to both yes-with-PIN and yes-without-PIN, but I still get the prompt for PIN on both of them, followed by the "I didn't catch that message".  I know my PIN is right, and besides, it doesn't say that the PIN is wrong, but that it can't "catch that".  It's like it doesn't like the tones, but I've been using this phone for years, and the tones have always been fine (and I can dial phone numbers fine).
Any ideas?
Thanks.

PS: By the way, I have the wifi dongle, so I tried it with that and with an ethernet connection, but same result.  Can't think it would matter, but I have CenturyLink DSL.

drgeoff

Use Expert Mode on the portal.  Go to Service Providers.  Go to the relevant ITSP Profile, probably A, that you are using for GV.  Click on General. Try changing the DTMFMethod.  (You need to have both boxes at the end of the line cleared before you can make a change.)  Click Submit at the bottom.

goldy