News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail picks after one ring when cell phone not on.

Started by cd1999, November 15, 2018, 03:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cd1999

Hello,

We have just configured Obi200 (hardware 1.4, software 3.2.2 / build  5921EX). In GV legacy I can see two devices that GV forwards to: "OBITALK Device" and "Phone 5" which is our AT&T cell. When the cell is on everything works fine. Both devices ring and call gets transferred to voicemail after 4 rings. When the cell is turned off Obi200 rings only once and quickly transfers the call to voicemail. May someone please let me know if they have seen a similar issue? I can't seem to find any obvious solution.

Thanks, Chris

SteveInWA

Hi Chris:

This is because Google Voice is a virtual phone number that, in turn, simultaneously rings all of your linked forwarding destinations.  Whichever one answers first wins.  Since your mobile phone is turned off, it is grabbing the call and taking the message.  The solution is to enable a feature supplied by your mobile carrier, Conditional Call Forwarding (CCF).  This will send busy or unanswered calls that make it to your mobile phone, back to Google Voice's voicemail.  GV is smart enough to manage that forwarded call, vs. ringing your OBiTALK device, or any other phones you add.

To enable Conditional Call Forwarding, enter each of these individual call forwarding commands, one at a time, followed by touching Send or Call, hanging up, and entering the next code, etc.  Substitute your Google Voice number for the 1234567890 below.  These instructions are specific to AT&T Wireless numbers:

Call Forward if Unanswered: *61*1234567890#
Call Forward if Unreachable: *62*1234567890#
Call Forward if Busy: *67*1234567890#

To disable conditional call forwarding, first, open your mobile phone's telephone keypad, and touch ##004# and touch Send or Call, and wait for confirmation.  If you receive an error message, then enter all three of the commands below, one at a time.

Disable Call Forward if Unanswered: ##61#
Disable Call Forward if Unreachable: ##62#
Disable Call Forward if Busy: ##67#