News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi service down??

Started by jeff@jeffmusto.com, September 13, 2011, 05:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff@jeffmusto.com

I have had my OBi for about 2 weeks now and it is working great with Google voice. Today when I try and make a call I get a dial tone but when I try and make a call it says "there is no service"
In my OBi dashboard the indicator is showing green under the status column.
How do I trouble shoot this, where do I start? Can anyone tell me how to do this?
the pvkid "Helping other people live the dream"
Puerto Vallarta Condo Rental

RonR

If you are trying to make calls through SP1, SP2, or the LINE Port, the OBiTALK Service is not used.

The OBiTALK Service is only used to make calls between OBi's and OBiON Apps using **9 + number.

jeff@jeffmusto.com

I do not know what SP1 or SP2 is. I have the phone plugged into the "phone" port and I am using Google Talk. It has worked great for 2 weeks it just stopped working a few hours ago. :'(

<<If you are trying to make calls through SP1, SP2, or the LINE Port, the OBiTALK Service is not used.
The OBiTALK Service is only used to make calls between OBi's and OBiON Apps using **9 + number.>>

RonR

Google Voice is configured on the SP1 Service.

Google Voice does not use the OBiTALK Service.

The OBi communicates with Google Voice directly.

When you log into the OBi (username/password : admin/admin) at the IP address returned by dialing ***1, what does "SP1 Service Status" show on the main status page that first comes up?  It should show Connected.

jeff@jeffmusto.com

Ok thank you for that information.
On the Device Configuration page of the Obi website next to Service provider 1 (SP1) it said resolving DNS. That has since changed to connected and everything is working fine again.
BUT, when I try to log into the OBi,  when I enter admin / admin it will not take it. I just get the password window again and a note that says :the server 192.168.0.184 at admin@OBi110 requires a username and password" Could there be a different username and password? I have not changed it.

RonR

I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal, but I think it sometimes changes your password.  Look on the OBiTALK Web Portal and see what's listed there.

jeff@jeffmusto.com

You are correct it did change my password, I did get into my OBi and everything is ok now. Thanks again for your help. I submitted a ticket to Obi from a on line form and they just called me to see if everything is ok now. I think that is great customer service.
I am now playing around with the iPhone app and I am having problems with that. I see that a lot of people are having problems with it. I will read a bit more and then ask some questions in another thread.