News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connect Failed: No Response on multiple Google Voice / Obi 508 Devices

Started by NTICloud, November 19, 2018, 10:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NTICloud

Using firmware 4.0.5 (Build: 5903EX), working fine yesterday and since the new firmware update.  Suddenly all configured GV lines on multiple 508 and 504 units at multiple sites cannot connect to the GV accounts with "Connect Failed: No Response".  Outbound calling states number not available.  Inbound calls no ring.  Am able to connect to Obi's remotely.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?  Seems like it could be a Google Voice issue since it brought down multiple lines and units, but would like to get out in front of this issue if Google Voice is not the problem.....

drgeoff

Yes, something's gone awry.  Another poster (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15390.0) and myself confirm.

As those TV captions used to say "Do not adjust your set".

keithobri

I am having this same issue, has anyone figured out a fix?  I am using the Obi200, and it just happened to me today for the first time.

SJH134

Me too.   Done multiple resets,  deleted and re-added device.  No joy.  Anyone have an update on this?

Greek_God

I am using an Obi200 device and had the same issue starting this afternoon.

Looking at the google voice settings (legacy page), the familiar Google Chat box that needs to be enabled for the service to work appears to be missing.

My guess (and I am no Google expert) is Google changed google voice and removed the chat connection option. They have been migrating over to hangouts for VoIP and likely killed the old method the Obi used to connect.

Hopefully Obihai can come up with a firmware update the fix the connection method....

Again this is my educated guess.....

DonaldD

I am having the same issue tonight with Google Voice on my Obi200.  I have factory reset, deleted the OBI out of Google Voice, then set it all up again to no avail.

drgeoff

Quote from: Greek_God on December 07, 2018, 09:55:00 PM
Looking at the google voice settings (legacy page), the familiar Google Chat box that needs to be enabled for the service to work appears to be missing.
Chat was killed off earlier this year and the Chat box was removed from that Settings page months ago.  Instead for each OBi configured with your GV number you should see two lines of the form:

OBiTALK device – *********
sip:******************************************************************===@obihai.sip.google.com

where the first of those two lines contains the 9 digit number of the OBi and the second has a long string of random looking numbers and upper case letters.

DG3CA

Seems many of us got failed connections tonight, December 7th. I've had my Obi200 working with GV for 3 and a half months with no issues whatsoever. Now, like others are experiencing, it simply won't connect.

curtisghall

same thing happened to me at the same time as everyone else apparently

wuench

This appears to be on the Obi/Google side.  I took a sniffer trace and the obihai.telephony.goog proxy server is not responding properly.    It is closing the connection abnormally.

torchredraider

Connect issues
Obihai 202 hx 1.4
fw 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)

started 12/7/2018
2 GV lines, both now show the following after multiple reboots

Connect Failed: No Response (server=64.9.241.172; retry in XXXs)

theonlysarge

Same here on my Obi 200. Been working great for a long time and suddenly last night I am dead in the water.

wseltzer

Same here - received email "Service Offline Alert -- OBi Device (xxxxxxxxx) is Not Registered " at 1:45am MST on Dec 8, 2018.
ObiTALK dashboard says "Connect Failed: No Response" for SP1 and SP2.
Obi202, SoftwareVersion 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)

Submitted a support request to Obi.
- Wayne

drgeoff

I strongly suspect this is something caused by GV, that only GV can rectify and not something that Obihai support can fix for you.  Once your OBi device is successfully configured for GV the connection is between your device and GV servers.

Although several people are reporting the same issue, it is not affecting everyone.  As I type this I have an Obi200 with GV showing as connected.

Allamand

add me to the list of Google Voice users with issues.. hope the issue is resolved soon

cwmm

I have 7 devices spread across 4 locations connected variously to 4 GV numbers. 3 Obi1022 devices lost their connections yesterday, same as others reporting, the others remain connected and working fine - to the same numbers. Other devices are an Obi1062 and 3 Obi200 devices remain connected to the numbers. The 3 1022 units with problems are connected to numbers that both the Obi1062 & 2 of the Obi200 units are connected to.

Obi1022 & Obi1062 units all on firmware 5.1.11

I'd speculate there is some regional problem with Obi or GV. Of course lots of possible causes for that. The units having problems are in Houston & connected to internet via AT&T. The others are in Michigan (Spectrum), Oklahoma (Suddenlink) & California (Comcast/Xfinity).

wuench

For those of  you that are working, what IP address is it connected to?

My failed IP was also the 64.9.241.172, which is what googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 DNS are resolving to.    Doing a dig via the internet a new IP comes up 216.239.36.144.    It looks like this outage is the result of some DNS changes on the obihai.telephone.goog DNS name.  

For those of you that are still having issues switching your DNS away from google's DNS may fix it.  I switched  my DNS server to cloudfare's 1.1.1.1  and it is now connected.   Or you can wait for DNS to converge and it should correct on it's own....eventually.

wseltzer

SP1 Service Status   
Status   Connect Failed: No Response (server=64.9.241.172; retry in 139s)   

drgeoff

Quote from: wuench on December 08, 2018, 11:00:06 AM
That is not easy to answer as it just shows "Connected" with no mention of the IP address.

However, during a call it shows the peer RTP address as 74.125.39.42

cwmm

Quote from: wuench on December 08, 2018, 11:00:06 AM

My failed IP was also the 64.9.241.172, which is what googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 DNS are resolving to.    Doing a dig via the internet a new IP comes up 216.239.36.144.    It looks like this outage is the result of some DNS changes on the obihai.telephone.goog DNS name.  

For those of you that are still having issues switching your DNS away from google's DNS may fix it.  I switched  my DNS server to cloudfare's 1.1.1.1  and it is now connected.   Or you can wait for DNS to converge and it should correct on it's own.

Great sleuthing to figure that out, thank you!