News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Add new device does not work

Started by Sohail, February 26, 2021, 02:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sohail

Hi. I bought a second used Obi1062 and I am trying to register the device to my already existing account  using the standard method but **5 XXXX just hangs. I am able to get echo test using **9 222222222 so there is no router issue. The only thing I can think of if the device is registered to another account and is preventing me from registering. Is there a way to know that or to have the device unregister with the previous owner? I have tried for two days now so server down at ObiTalk.com should not be an issue as many people have experienced. Any help appreciated.
Regards.

drgeoff

If you have a look at the index pages of the sections of this forum you ought to see many relevant thread titles.

TechCowboy

I had a similar issue. The problem is with the **5 service. I used the form on the support site to contact Polycom support and they got back to me the same day.  Once I provided my device and account information, they were able to manually register the device and I was able to set up Google voice and E911 without a problem.

Hope this helps you!