News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't add obi2182 as new device to obi dashboard

Started by dilmah, November 21, 2018, 09:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dilmah

I have obitalk account with 2 Obi202 devices already registered.
Now I purchased Obi2182 phone and am trying to add it to obi talk dashboard.
I dial requested numbers of the form **5 NNNN
but it always fails to add phone to dashboard after timeout.

Otherwise the phone is connected to ethernet (both to WiFi and to ethernet) and I'm able to successfully connect to echo test **9222222222

Any ideas how to add it to obi talk dashboard.
Or is this phone not supported by dashboard?

SteveInWA

Hi:

Yes, you should be able to add a 2182 to the OBiTALK dashboard.  What country are you in right now?  Where did you purchase the 2182?  Is it brand new from an authorized retailer, or did you get it from eBay, Craigslist, or some other third party?

dilmah

> What country are you in right now?

US.  no VPN, just plain Comcast cable connection via Asus router.

> Where did you purchase the 2182?  Is it brand new from an authorized retailer, or did you get it from eBay, Craigslist, or some other third party?

I bought it from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076JKV5CL/
brand new.
It was shipped directly by Polycom according to shipping label.

SteveInWA

That's odd.  Perhaps the portal is having one of its occasional problems today.  I happen to have a brand new 2182 that I will try to add to my portal account tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

SteveInWA

OK, I took some time just now, to unbox and set up a new 2182.  It behaves just like yours -- I can call the echo test number and other OBi phones, but the **5 xxxx procedure isn't working.  So, there's nothing wrong with your hardware or network connection; there's something wrong at Polycom.

Given that it's Thanksgiving weekend, I don't know when they'll fix it, but I will let them know.  Thanks for reporting this.

stef

same issue but with a obi200.
Probably an issue with obi server.

Let me know when it will be fixed on your side,

thanks

fragen

:( same issue .can't add to dashboard ! hopefully issue fixed soon b4 i return

ILLCOMM

Same deal. Wish I hadn't spent hours trying to fix the damn thing before stumbling upon this thread. Terrible customer experience to have a provisioning server down with no customer-facing messaging. WTF.

As an aside, I think its an SSL cert expiration. Which is lame. I guess they're not on top of their stuff.

Nov 23 03:18:34 192.168.16.140  BASESSL: Can not find custom CA file 0 80
Nov 23 03:19:26 192.168.16.140  OBHSN_SIGNUP:user event??
Nov 23 03:19:26 192.168.16.140  BASE:resolving root.pnn.obihai.com
Nov 23 03:19:26 192.168.16.140  [DSP]: set FXS(0) DTMF detection level to (3)
Nov 23 03:19:26 192.168.16.140  [CPT] --- FXS h/w tone generator (ringback)---
Nov 23 03:19:26 192.168.16.140  [DSP]: set FXS(0) DTMF detection level to (3)
Nov 23 03:19:26 192.168.16.140  OBHSN_SIGNUP:server tcp connected
Nov 23 03:19:28 192.168.16.140  BASESSL:connect error:0:5[4640]
Nov 23 03:19:38 192.168.16.140  [SLIC]:Slic#0 ONHOOK

telefony

+1 - trying to re-connect (debug) my Google Voice and tried to remove/re-add - cannot add my obi202...just times out

GaryV

Mine still can't be added either. I hope they get this fixed soon.

Batnumb

This is unacceptable. I wasted a few hours yesterday troubleshooting everything, from the dash to all the cables, before I stumbled on this posting. Still can't believe that no one at Obitalk has fixed this - like, no one can't connect to their server!

SteveInWA

Quote from: Batnumb on November 23, 2018, 11:31:47 AM
This is unacceptable. I wasted a few hours yesterday troubleshooting everything, from the dash to all the cables, before I stumbled on this posting. Still can't believe that no one at Obitalk has fixed this - like, no one can't connect to their server!

It's the Thanksgiving weekend.  Most people are off/out-of-the-office.  There is no 7x24 support.

I've already reported this to Polycom, and they are investigating it today.

WildBillPDX

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 23, 2018, 12:49:58 PM
Quote from: Batnumb on November 23, 2018, 11:31:47 AM

It's the Thanksgiving weekend.  Most people are off/out-of-the-office.  There is no 7x24 support.

I've already reported this to Polycom, and they are investigating it today.

So does that imply the problem is only affecting new registration of devices?  I do have to say that not having 7x24 support doesn't seem very good.  If users are relying on the OBi products for phone services it would seem to me that good support is important.

SteveInWA

It only impacts adding a new device to the OBiTALK portal.

RichR

First device here (OBi202). It's at least good to know that I wasn't messing up somewhere. I'll subscribe to this thread hoping to get an update when it's all fixed.

sandsofdorn

same thing here - annoyed, just got out my OBI202 which has been unused for a long time, reset it and now can't add it...  :-[

BigRob90

paplefree

Given all the problems we've had with Polycom at work, let me count the ways I'm not surprised they f'd this up too.

SteveInWA

Quote from: paplefree on November 23, 2018, 07:58:30 PM
Given all the problems we've had with Polycom at work, let me count the ways I'm not surprised they f'd this up too.

Well that's a bunch of B.S.