News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't add obi2182 as new device to obi dashboard

Started by dilmah, November 21, 2018, 09:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portola1

Quote from: WildBillPDX on November 25, 2018, 09:39:46 AM
Any statement from Polycom as to the cause and fix for all this?

No, and aparently won't be until someone get back into the office the coming week.  Everyone is just going to have to be patient, I suppose.

finbar127

Had the same issue. I was having some connection issues so I deleted my OBI202 from the portal and factory reset the firmware. I was unable to add the OBI202 back to the portal. I updated the firmware to 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX) downloaded from the link listed several posts above. Afterward I added my OBI to the portal without a problem. The registration worked immediately.

drgeoff

Quote from: finbar127 on November 25, 2018, 05:15:49 PM
Had the same issue. I was having some connection issues so I deleted my OBI202 from the portal and factory reset the firmware. I was unable to add the OBI202 back to the portal. I updated the firmware to 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX) downloaded from the link listed several posts above. Afterward I added my OBI to the portal without a problem. The registration worked immediately.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15418.msg96218#msg96218

finbar127

Quote from: drgeoff on November 26, 2018, 03:29:32 AM
Quote from: finbar127 on November 25, 2018, 05:15:49 PM
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15418.msg96218#msg96218

Interesting. I tried several hours after the post about updating the firmware and my device would not register. After I updated, it worked immediately. Perfect timing I guess  ::)

Portola1

OK!  I tried again this morning and everything worked great.  It seems Polycom has fixed the issue. 

GrandMstrBud

So 2 1/2 years later it's still down? Bought a new one off of Amazon and it's failed for a day now

randy129

Quote from: GrandMstrBud on February 11, 2021, 05:38:35 PM
So 2 1/2 years later it's still down? Bought a new one off of Amazon and it's failed for a day now

Similar situation as I'm working to set up an Obi200 (bought from Amazon) and configuration portal is not working for me.  I updated the firmware to 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX) but no change in portal response (still times out without adding the device).

JamminJohn

I'm having the same issue.  Got a brand new OBi200 from Amazon.  The echo test works just fine.  When I put in the **5XXXX code, it says, the "code as been sent to the server", but nothing ever happens.  I did this a few minutes ago and during the timeout countdown, I entered the code about 12 times, got the same reply every time, but the device never go added.  If I've just wasted my money on this device, everyone needs to be warned.  Based on what I'm reading on this forum, this device is a SCAM, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

drgeoff

Quote from: JamminJohn on February 12, 2021, 10:58:16 AM
I'm having the same issue.  Got a brand new OBi200 from Amazon.  The echo test works just fine.  When I put in the **5XXXX code, it says, the "code as been sent to the server", but nothing ever happens.  I did this a few minutes ago and during the timeout countdown, I entered the code about 12 times, got the same reply every time, but the device never go added.  If I've just wasted my money on this device, everyone needs to be warned.  Based on what I'm reading on this forum, this device is a SCAM, unless someone can convince me otherwise.
No need to post the same thing more than once.

karog

ETA: Just kept trying and it finally worked. Adding GV worked flawlessly thereafter.

I just got a new OBi212. I also cannot add it to OBiTalk. I set an ip reservation in my router and I can get the 212's web page and login. I can do the echo test. I configured it for remote syslog and I see the following when I **5 NNNN and hear the sent to server message:

Feb 23 15:56:16 10.141.21.11 OBHSN_SIGNUP:server tcp connected
Feb 23 15:56:16 10.141.21.11 BASESSL:connect error:-1:5[4625]

but it just times out after many many attempts over several days. I just upgraded the firmware to 3.2.2 5921EX and same thing. I have had a 110 for almost 10 years that remains activated and working (not with GV of course) and got a 200 3 or so years ago and it is activated and works fine with GV (also on 5921EX) and I have configured them together so my cordless phone is attached to the 110 as well as FiOS Digital Voice on LINE and I can call out and receive calls on GV as well as FDV including with a SIP app (Zoiper) on my Galaxy S10. I got a good price for the new 212 on Ebay $44.80 + tax, free delivery so thought I would consolidate into a single device from the 110+200.

I submitted a report to Poly a few days ago with the above details and got a stock reply to check power, echo test etc but no reference to the BASESSL error at all. I did not know if I could upgrade to the 3.2.2 5921EX on the 212 since it is not listed so replied to support response asking that and only got told that question got escalated. Went ahead and upgraded anyway and it appears to at least boot and show the web interface with the new version number.

I thought maybe the newer version might fix the BASESSL error but no.

I don't know what else to do but keep trying to add hoping it is a problem at Poly and their servers. And keep asking support for help.

Kala

Spoke with a Poly rep and the basically said its been down for 4 months and they don't when it will be back up. What is that? This company is a joke, ever since Polycom took over it has taken a jump off a cliff.