News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot activate

Started by alien, November 22, 2018, 08:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alien

Hi I have a b talk 200. And I cannot activate. Everytime it says that I have to die certain number to get it registered I tried calling that number and the prompt says the number has been sent to the server but nothing happened. I know on 100 it should automatically get serial number and everything but ever since they become apart of polycom it's giving me some problems can anyone suggest anything. I did go into my Google account and as they said we ended the chat setting and whatever and now the chart setting is not on there at all.

GaryV

I, too, cannot activate today. I've tried several times. I guess I'll wait till tomorrow. Thanks.

scat

hi i have obi110 i cannot add device to obitalk.
after dialing **5... the call goes through but nothing happens
the LED on my device is solid green
the echo voice test works
***6 doesn't have any updates
after modifying my obi's IP address there are no changes
can anyone help? Thank you!

Gbadd

Same here.. echo test works, power LED solid green but unable to register the device. Device on DMZ

drgeoff

AFAIK there is currently no general failure of the Obihai servers.  I added 2 Obihai devices to my dashboard about four and a half hours ago, encountering no problem.

Using the DMZ is rarely necessary.  If your router has a setting for "SIP ALG" which is enabled, try disabling it.

Gbadd

Thanks for the reply..

I did disable SIP/ALG on my router. Directly connecting to WAN did not work either

Tried again.. just get "The number **5 nnnn sent to the server" and it fails

drgeoff

If you have had the "I want to configure Google Voice on this device." box ticked, try unticking that when you retry.  GV can be configured after the device is successfully added to your dashboardl.

Gbadd

Tried unchecking GV setup but timed out again..

I bought the device recently on Newegg and I am wondering if this device is registered to somebody else's account (assuming Newegg tries to sell returned stuff as 'New'). What would happen in that scenario? Does registration times out or I get a error that says the device is already registered

drgeoff

Hmm!

Perhaps there is a problem again with the OBihai servers.  I've just tried twice to add one of those OBis I mentioned above to the dashboard of a different account and the attempts are just timing out.  I expected a "This device is already registered to another account" type response.

Gbadd

Thank you for checking.. I guess like you said provisioning servers are probably down.

I will try adding later this afternoon.

I do really appreciate your assistance.. Thank You!!

hotdogking

same thing happening here. echo test (222-222-222) works fine. i'll keep trying and post back here with results.

edit: obi200 device, updated firmware (***6), updated DNS -- not working yet.

newhere

same thing here, the echo test is fine, but "the number has been sent to the server" but never registers. 

If the provisioning server is down (or maybe overloaded?) it'd be nice for someone in the company to state that. 

peteryorkuca

I just bought obihai 200 to add to my 3rd device.

I tried 100+ in the morning and tried 100+ now.

- echo **9 222 222 222 works
- calling other obi number 5xx xxx xxx works
- ***6 updated to latest 3.2.1 build 5757EX
- dmz don't work, 8.8.8.8 don't work, reset 100+ don't work, reboot 100+ don't work.

I am going crazy here! Someone help!

peteryorkuca

Someone mentioned to use the firmware and manually update the obihai 200.

Did so and finally worked on 1st try

hotdogking

@peteryorkuca

Can you please provide details on which firmware version and where you got it?

peteryorkuca

Quote from: hotdogking on November 29, 2018, 04:07:18 PM
@peteryorkuca

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8982.0

firmware wasn't latest, it is 3.1.1 but happy this nightmare is over!

Taoman

Quote from: hotdogking on November 29, 2018, 04:07:18 PM
@peteryorkuca

Latest firmware version is 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX):

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9983.msg95322#msg95322

hotdogking

Thanks. In my haste I grabbed 3.2.2 (5921EX), flashed, attempted to activate and it worked immediately.

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw

Interesting, in the thread you posted it says the following:
QuoteYour device won't be able to update it's firmware via *** 6 if it hasn't been updated in the past 6 months.

Also thanks Taoman.

drgeoff

I'm not convinced that the firmware update was the reason that you were able to add the device to your dashboard.

A few minutes ago I retried my earlier test, mentioned above, of attempting to add an already added device to a different account.  This time on dialling the **5 nnnn I did immediately get the on-screen message "The device has joined the network before, under another user's account."

That indicates to me that the Obihai server was indeed malfunctioning for some hours earlier today but is now working as it should.