News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 dialing delay details

Started by Stargazer, November 23, 2018, 05:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

As I understand, when someone dialing a number on the phone connected to Obi110, it takes longer than if the phone is connected directly to the line, because Obi110 needs to dial the number second time. The second dialing normally takes 4.9 seconds for an 11 digits number. Obi110 can be set to switch directly to the line and it will eliminate the second dialing process but in that case you will lose the possibility to dial shortcuts and to select other trunks different than PSTN line.

The path of a dialed number begins with the Phone DigitMap. If the number is recognized, Obi waits for 2 seconds, while one or more other patterns can be potentially matched with more input digits, and then switch according to the OutboundCallRoute. If the exact number pattern is not found in the DigitMap, Obi waits for 10 seconds and then switch according to the OutboundCallRoute.

So I have added the most dialed numbers as 0[8-9]xxxxxxxxS0. S0 eliminates the 2 seconds delay.

In my OutboundCallRoute there is nothing related to that number, so it falls in to (Mpli):pli. It means that the Line DigitMap is applied and the result will be send to the line.

I expected that for the Line DigitMap there is the same rule of 2 and 10 seconds but after some experiments I found that timers doesn't work here. Once the Line DigitMap is applied, the number is sent to physical line. Is it true? I mean the timers for 2 and 10 seconds aren't working for the line? I'm asking it because I saw many examples with S0 for the Line DigitMap. I suspect that the reason I don't see any difference may be that I already have S0 in the Phone DigitMap but it rather shouldn't be the case.

Next delay comes from the line. The line also waits for some time after the last digit. It can be eliminated by sending # after the number.

So in the line digit map I have added that sign (0[8-9]xxxxxxxx<#>|. The '#' is put after the number and the line timeout is eliminated. It seems to work fine but is it safe to leave it like this?

Thanks for the patience to read this.

azrobert

What is your Primary Line?

The Phone and Primary Line DigitMaps (DM) will affect the delay and only when the Phone DM is processed. There is no delay when the Phone OutboundCallRoute is processed.

The 1st thing that happens is the Phone DM validates the dialed number. This is when any delay is introduced. 2 sec delay for matched numbers. 10 sec delay for unmatched numbers then call fails. 10 sec delay when matching rule ending with "x.". No delay with match and can't match another rule with additional digits.

The last rule (Mpli) in the Phone DM will include the Primary Line DM. If the Line DM is not Primary, then it won't affect the delay. You can add the Line DM (Mli) to the end of Phone DM and then it will affect the delay.

Removing any rule ending with "x." will eliminate the 10 sec delay and you will get only 2 sec or no delay, but you will then need a rule for every size number.

Doing <#> shouldn't do anything concerning delay. The delay already occurs when the rule is used to match a dialed number.  

Stargazer

azrobert, thanks for the answer. My primary line is the PSTN line.

(Mpli) is the last rule in the Phone DM. In case of match, does it mean that the line DM will be added to the Phone DM? I think that in case of match, next step is to check the Phone OutboundCallRoute (OCR) instead of adding line DM.

I expect that the line DM will be added anyway because {(Mpli):pli} stays at the end of the Phone OCR and I don't have any other matches there.

In fact S0 in the Line DM doesn't change anything. S0 works as expected for the Phone DM. That's why i suppose that on some reason timers for the line are not the same as timers for the Phone or works on a different way.

The added <#> doesn't do anything with Obi's delays, it eliminates the delay of the physical line.

azrobert

Quote from: Stargazer on November 23, 2018, 08:31:34 AM
(Mpli) is the last rule in the Phone DM. In case of match, does it mean that the line DM will be added to the Phone DM? I think that in case of match, next step is to check the Phone OutboundCallRoute (OCR) instead of adding line DM.

Both will always be used to validate the dialed number whether there is a match or not.

Only the Line DM will be used to route the call in the OCR.

There are a couple things I don't understand. Why S0 doesn't work and why 0[8-9]xxxxxxxx<#> successfully routes the call. Please post your Line DM, Phone DM and Phone OCR.

drgeoff

Quote from: Stargazer on November 23, 2018, 08:31:34 AM
The added <#> doesn't do anything with Obi's delays, it eliminates the delay of the physical line.
I'm surmising that your "line" is not an ordinary POTS line in N.America.

Stargazer

My Phone DM:
(0[8-9]xxxxxxxxS0|0[1-7]xxxxxxxS0|1xxS0|**0|***|#|**4(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
My Phone OCR:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|112):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**4:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

My Line DM:
(0[8-9]xxxxxxxx<#>|0[1-7]xxxxxxx<#>|1xx<#>|xx.)

When I add S0 instead of <#>, the dialing delay is not additionally reduced. In fact with or without S0, dialing delay is the same.
In the Phone DM, S0 reduces the dialing delay with 2 seconds.
Seems like different behavior but probably I'm wrong.

About <#> in the Line DM, if I jump to the line directly by pressing the # key before dialing, I can hear the signal of the PSTN line. Now, if I dial a number, I have to wait for 6-7 seconds as the other side on the line waits for more digits to be dialed. Alternatively if I dial a number and press the # at the end, it eliminates these 6-7 seconds. That's the reason for <#> to work.
But, if I try to add xx.<#> it says invalid number. The magic seems to work only for matched numbers.

azrobert

Everything makes sense except the 2 sec delay. It should be zero delay. Try removing the S0's and the "xx.".

Phone DM:
(0[8-9]xxxxxxxx|0[1-7]xxxxxxx|1xx|**0|***|#|**4(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Line DM:
(0[8-9]xxxxxxxx<#>|0[1-7]xxxxxxx<#>|1xx<#>)

Stargazer

After reading again what you have written and doing some tests I think it is more clear to me how the DMP works.
In my case the best I can achieve is to establish a connection 8-9 seconds after the number is dialed.
It takes 4-5 seconds for dialing the number and 3-4 seconds to receive a response (ringing or busy signal).

Thanks for the great support.