News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Fixed: Can't register new OBi device to OBi dashboard

Started by isaac_unixapp, November 24, 2018, 08:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isaac_unixapp

Fixed
The previously reported issue of not being able to add OBi devices, such as the OBi202 in my case, has been resolved (at least for me).   Following a comment by Taoman (thank you!), where a pointer to an updated firmware code was provided, I am able to successfully proceed beyond the registration error.
This could be a timed coincidence, i.e. I don't really know whether Polycom has actually done anything over this weekend to address the issue on their end, but the action of updating the firmware was what resolved it for me.

Taoman indicated:
Latest version is 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX) which you can download and update with manually if desired.
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw

Key takeaways for me were:

(1) the version deployed on my device from the factory (3.2.1) did NOT manage to pull this update on its own, even after following the self-troubleshooting guide and instructing the device to check for firmware updates

(2) This latest firmware release contains updated branding (among many things), including (likely) additional functionality to reflect the Polycom's acquisition of OBiHai Technology, Inc.

In summary, the fix for me was to:

(1) download the above-mentioned firmware, save it on my laptop
(2) login to the admin interface (admin/admin by default) using a browser
(3) navigate to the System Management section (left-hand side)
(4) select the downloaded firmware as the file to upgrade my OBi202 with
(5) wait for the device to reboot
(6) re-attempt device registration on obitalk.com Dashboard

Good luck, and thanks again, Taoman

SteveInWA

The restored ability to add devices was unrelated to firmware level.  It was also failing with OBi 2182 IP phones.  I haven't heard back from Polycom, so my assumption is that somebody fixed it today.

Taoman

Quote from: isaac_unixapp on November 24, 2018, 08:29:16 PM

This could be a timed coincidence

It was. Firmware level doesn't affect your ability to add your device to the OBitalk portal. Polycom apparently fixed the server issue based on several different posts.