News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 + GV - Multiple Calls

Started by Firov, November 28, 2018, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firov

I've recently updated and reconfigured my Obi 202 after probably 4 to 6 months of not using it. Note that I'm using it as a SIP proxy for a Yealink T23G, as I was before. Overall, it works great.

However, I now experience a strange issue. Specifically, I can only seem to have one Google Voice call active at a time. Previously, I was able to have multiple Google Voice calls active (T23G supports 3 "lines"), and even merge them on my phone. Now, once a new GV call is connected, it seems to drop the previous call automatically.

Is this expected? If so, when and why did this change? Was it a change on Google's end, or something Polycom changed on the Obi?

More importantly, is there anything I can do to restore the old functionality?

UPDATE 1

Ignore me. I think I figured it out.

I was first trying this with my business conference bridge, but they all use the same number, with a different dial in code. I *think* that was causing issues, as I was able to call two different local businesses simultaneously and keep the calls from dropping.

Not sure how to get around this though... It may even be an issue with the phone, and not Obi.

UPDATE 2

That's not it. Was able to just successfully dial my conference bridge on 2 lines... so yeah. No clue what happened. Anyway, never mind... However, it does look like GV maxes out at 2 simultaneous outgoing calls. Either due to the Obi, or due to GV. Not sure which...