News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using Plantronics HW261N with OBI1032 (Buzzing Issue)

Started by JP12345, November 29, 2018, 03:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP12345

I am attempting to use a Plantronics HW261N headset with the OBI 1032 phone via the 3.5mm jack.  This headset worked flawlessly with my old Polycom phone, but with the OBI 1032 I am hearing lots of buzzing and a very bad echo.  I have played around with all of the Preference settings for echo, volume, and mic gain but none seem to have any affect.  I have run out of things to try.  Any help would be appreciated.

SteveInWA

That's a very old headset.  You'll get much better results using a modern, USB-attached (digital interface) headset.  Most USB headsets should work fine, with no interference/buzzing/hum

JP12345

Well, it is one of the headsets recommended for use with the 1032.

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/obi-ip-phone/obi-phone-headsets

Its simply a wired headset.  There really shouldn't be any problem.  It works fine on all other phones except the OBIHAI.

JP12345

Here is a follow-up for anyone with the same issue.  The HW261N has a Quick Disconnect connector.  I originally ordered a QD to 3.5mm adapter, without checking to see if I needed TRS or TRRS (the pin configuration).  Although I couldn't find a reference anywhere on the OBIHAI site, I can tell you that you need the TRRS style 3.5mm connector.  Once I tried the correct one, everything worked fine.