News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 - 2 Separate Phone Lines

Started by AndreaB, November 29, 2018, 05:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndreaB

Apologies if this has been asked and I'm not finding it.  Here is my need and I'm looking for advice on how best to get it done using the Obi202.

Both my husband and I work from home and need to use our internet for 2 separate phone lines.  One line would be used for each of our work "office" phones.

I purchased the OBI202 to keep these lines separate because his line needs to be on a corded phone for call record to work.  Call record can work, but the connected number and phone need to be "hardwired" and not wireless.  Previous to the OBI we purchased a VoIP line from our ISP, but I'd like to convert over to Google for his work phone and save us $11/mo.

Ideally I'd like one number to ring to our phone jacks in the house and one to just be utilized for this wired phone.  We do not need any call forwarding to cell phones, literally just the wired phone and the second line ringing a multi-handset Panasonic phone.

What is the simplest way to get this done?  I seem to have "broken" things by trying to do Phone 1 and Phone 2 with 2 different Google accounts.

Thanks in advance for help!

SteveInWA

Hi Andrea:

I'm not sure what you mean by "broken".  What, exactly, doesn't work?

Keep in mind, the consumer version of Google Voice is not recommended for business, and it is not a "free telephone company".  You are risking your jobs if the service fails, which it does occasionally, and there is no direct customer support from Google for the service.  Saving $11/month is a poor reason to switch.