News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

E911 service from Anveo for $25 bucks

Started by websurfinmurf, September 10, 2018, 06:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

websurfinmurf

I been searching for quite a while, I can't see how to add 911 service using Anveo for $25 a year.
I see $39.99 but that then has per minute charges.

Any help appreciated to direct me how to regiser.
I did find this link, but it wont work unless from ObiTalk redirect.
https://www.anveo.com/e911obi.asp?sid=7a4cb8cccb15dd687c7e016bd01d995e

dboling

Quote from: websurfinmurf on September 10, 2018, 06:51:18 PM
I been searching for quite a while, I can't see how to add 911 service using Anveo for $25 a year.
I see $39.99 but that then has per minute charges.

Any help appreciated to direct me how to regiser.
I did find this link, but it wont work unless from ObiTalk redirect.
https://www.anveo.com/e911obi.asp?sid=7a4cb8cccb15dd687c7e016bd01d995e

I used callcentric.com for 911, the price is 1.50 setup and 1.50 per month.
-Diane

Taoman

Go to your OBi dashboard.
Click on the blue "gear" icon.
Click on button that says: Anveo E911 Sign-Up

Are you saying you've done this and it doesn't work?

websurfinmurf

Thanks for help.
I could not fine $25 through web site. I ended up doing call centric.
If the $25 through Orbi talk was easy to find, I would have done that.

I never found it! 39.95 was cheapest.

If you need callcentric, use this:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11386.0

Taoman

Quote from: websurfinmurf on September 10, 2018, 07:32:01 PM

Not sure how they could have made it much easier.

SteveInWA

Whoa!  Attaching files works again.  I nagged one of the software engineers at Polycom to fix it, but I guess it took a week for him to make time for it.  Good news, as there's nothing like a picture to explain things.

Sadly, there are no immediate plans to ash-can (or at least update to the latest version) this forum software and migrate to something better.

Taoman

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 10, 2018, 08:33:29 PM
Whoa!  Attaching files works again. 

I inserted an image hosted on a third party site. I didn't try to attach an image so I don't know if that is working again.

SteveInWA

Clever guy.  How'd you do that; with an embedded link to the image file's URL?

Damnit!  It's still broken.  Time to nag them again.

Taoman

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 10, 2018, 08:51:47 PM
with an embedded link to the image file's URL?

Correct. I wanted the image embedded so it would be staring in his face. That doesn't always happen when attaching a jpg file.

mrscientist

Quote from: Taoman on September 10, 2018, 08:24:32 PM
Quote from: websurfinmurf on September 10, 2018, 07:32:01 PM

Not sure how they could have made it much easier.

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread, but how you have your system set up here looks like how I would like to set up mine. I did make my own post about this (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15001.0), but, how did you get it to "callcentric<PSTN<GV?" Thank you.

mrscientist

I think I may have answered my own question. I checked the "Check only if you are sure this service is capable of placing and receiving emergency service calls" box on my Anveo configuration page and configured my 2 GV #s configured on my 2 lines. Everything is working how I want it to.

shastalee

I'm having trouble with the E911 too. I signed up with GV911 and got a message to try again later. I forgot all about it and today tried to sign up at Anveo. I tried the link for e911 only from the OBItalk website and it just keeps leading you to their $4.99-a-month OBIextras. I didn't realize there was a link from the Obi dashboard settings and there was no provision on Anveo's website for E911 only. I filled out the "get started" to try to find the E911 signup and was apparently signed up for a free Anveo account which I understand charges for outbound calls and can't be cancelled for 3 months? I tried to sign up for Anveo E911 and it said to try again later. I just used the link from the dashboard settings to try and sign up that way and it says "address not found". I checked on GV911 and it says I have an account, but I have never given my PayPal account to them or been charged any money. Meanwhile, my phone works fine inbound and outbound, which I'm reading it shouldn't without an E911 account. I am totally confused. I also get nothing when I dial 933.

SteveInWA

I am guessing from your post that you are using (or intend to use) Google Voice on your OBiTALK device.  These devices have four independent Service Provider configurations, SP1--SP4.  Google Voice does not support E911 service, but that has nothing to do with Google Voice itself working properly on your device -- Google Voice will work, and it has no idea whether or not you have separately subscribed to E911 service from another service provider.

So:  for example, you'd configure Google Voice on SP1, and then configure a different company's service on SP2.  I wouldn't waste my time on GV911.  Their website has no contact information, and it looks like something some guy set up himself, with no confidence it will work in the future.

Since you can't seem to figure out how to use Anveo, then use Callcentric for E911.  To do that, you sign up for one of Callcentric's free NY State inbound phone numbers, then sign up for their E911 service, and provision Callcentric on SP2.  When you do this via the OBiTALK web portal, you simply click on SP2, then scroll down to the bottom of the next page and click on "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers".  On the next page, click on Callcentric and follow the instructions.  There will be a box to check to use SP2 as your E911 service.  The OBiTALK portal will automatically set up call routing to use SP2 for 911 calls.  Callcentric charges $1.50 a month for E911 service, or you can buy their "North America Basic" outgoing call plan for $1.95 per month, which includes 120 minutes of outbound calling, and E911 for 45 cents per month more than just E911 service.

https://www.callcentric.com/rate/plans/north_america_basic/

SJMaye

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 29, 2018, 01:01:41 AMCallcentric charges $1.50 a month for E911 service, or you can buy their "North America Basic" outgoing call plan for $1.95 per month, which includes 120 minutes of outbound calling, and E911 for 45 cents per month more than just E911 service.

https://www.callcentric.com/rate/plans/north_america_basic/

Thanks for the explanation of setting up GV on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2.  Couple of questions on your quote above.  Concerning their "North American Basic" plan, why would I select that if I were already getting incoming and outgoing calls through GV.  Just trying to understand.

Question 2-  Sort of related.  I have read that GV provides CallerID number, but not the name.  I thought I read that   you could somehow use Callcentric to get the on GV to display the name.  Do you know how that is done?

zsak23

Quote from: SJMaye on November 15, 2018, 06:46:58 AM
Thanks for the explanation of setting up GV on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2.  Couple of questions on your quote above.  Concerning their "North American Basic" plan, why would I select that if I were already getting incoming and outgoing calls through GV.  Just trying to understand.

Question 2-  Sort of related.  I have read that GV provides CallerID number, but not the name.  I thought I read that   you could somehow use Callcentric to get the on GV to display the name.  Do you know how that is done?

Google Voice may not work 100% of the time.  CallCentric is a good failsafe option.

Google Voice will provide CallerID if the caller is in the Contacts list.  If not only the number will show.  What I do is let callers in my Google contacts call the OBi and all other callers go thru CallCentric.

SteveInWA

Quote from: zsak23 on November 15, 2018, 01:40:57 PM
Quote from: SJMaye on November 15, 2018, 06:46:58 AM

Google Voice may not work 100% of the time.  CallCentric is a good failsafe option.

Google Voice will provide CallerID if the caller is in the Contacts list.  If not only the number will show.  What I do is let callers in my Google contacts call the OBi and all other callers go thru CallCentric.

Good answer.  Regarding how to detour inbound calls through a Callcentric number, to have Callcentric add Caller ID Name:  link your CC number as a forwarding number on Google Voice settings.  Enable (check-mark or toggle on) that number to ring on inbound calls.  On the old, Legacy Google Voice settings page, remove the check mark next to the SIP entry for your OBiTALK device.  You can now make outbound calls over Google Voice (free for US calls), and inbound calls will detour through CC.  Long term, I don't recommend this anymore, because Google Voice-->OBi direct forwarding will produce overall better call quality, and Google is focusing future development on VoIP, vs. PSTN.

zsak23

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 15, 2018, 04:33:51 PMlink your CC number as a forwarding number on Google Voice settings.  Enable (check-mark or toggle on) that number to ring on inbound calls.  On the old, Legacy Google Voice settings page, remove the check mark next to the SIP entry for your OBiTALK device. 

In addition to this I go to the Groups & Circles tab and under All Contacts forward to my OBi.

SteveInWA

That's unnecessary.  Just set the defaults on the Phones tab.