News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 Blind Transfer - Pass Caller ID of the Original Caller Instead of Mine?

Started by teebob21, November 30, 2018, 11:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teebob21

I have had an Obi110 for years with Voip.ms. I'm a long time lurker on these forums and found them extremely useful.

Now I have a question of my own. Can I configure the Obi110 to transfer an inbound call to my SP1 to an external number (Jolly Roger), and pass the caller ID of the inbound call to the Jolly Roger Telco?

Example:

SP1 receives inbound call from 1-800-Inbound
I flash and dial *98 {Jolly Roger}
{Jolly Roger} sees the caller ID as 1-800-Inbound.
I hang up after the confirmation tone.

Currently, with default star codes and digit maps, Blind Transfer results in no audio on both ends, and using my desk phone's warm transfer function or Blind Transfer passes the call with my SP1 Caller ID.

drgeoff

If the Service Provider you are using to call the Jolly Roger number does not permit spoofing then the answer to your question is no.

teebob21

I'll have to test that. From the indications I've seen Voip.ms will send whatever CID I configure for the account.

Of course, that would be static setting, rather than whoever Caller #1 is. If the Obi can dynamically spoof a number, where would I set that? I see the X_SpoofCallerID tickbox, but no way to configure it further.

teebob21

I feel dumb now. There is no configuration of the SpoofCallerID flag...it's a flag, so it's either on or off. When you turn it on, OBI spoofs the inbound CID when you transfer a call.

Confirmation from this very forum: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=530.msg3269#msg3269

Voip.ms appears to allow this: I was able to warm transfer the call from my cell phone to Jolly Roger and connect.  

Blind transfer still is not working but I will need a third phone number to test that (no luck transferring myself back to the inbound number). I'll experiment later tonight, or sooner if a telemarketer calls in the meantime.

Edit: Blind transfer (*98) doesn't work. It just calls the calling inbound. If I was calling a 3rd-party human, it would work perfectly, but calling back the inbound doesn't.

Edit 2: Caller ID spoofing of the inbound number is not working. I have a workaround...I will just blacklist my own number in Jolly Roger. Ugly, but it will work.

Edit 3: It works. Removing the CID from the VOIP.ms config sends the sub-account ID as CID; in my case 123xx456_555MYNUMBER. Jolly Roger truncates this at 123xx456; I have blacklisted this CID.