News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Faxing with Obi202

Started by charlidy3, December 02, 2018, 05:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlidy3

Hi
How do I set up my Obi202 to receive and send fax. Anyone please.

Thanks

Charlidy3

drgeoff

Quote from: charlidy3 on December 02, 2018, 05:56:33 PM
Hi
How do I set up my Obi202 to receive and send fax. Anyone please.

Thanks

Charlidy3
The answer to your question as phrased is that you cannot.  No OBi contains a fax modem.

Perhaps you want to know how to use your OBi in conjunction with a fax machine.  If yes, have you a dedicated number with an Internet Telephony Service Provider that you will use for fax?  Or a number that you will use for both voice and fax?

charlidy3

I have a GV number. When I use the Obi200. I am able to send and receive fax. But with the Obi202, I use one line for phone and the other line for fax, but  fax is not working with the Obi202. Some people have the same problem as me. they reconfigure the Codec setting. Some of them got it fix and tried what they did in their post, I still can't get it fix.

drgeoff

Quote from: charlidy3 on December 03, 2018, 06:57:36 PM
I have a GV number. When I use the Obi200. I am able to send and receive fax. But with the Obi202, I use one line for phone and the other line for fax, but  fax is not working with the Obi202. Some people have the same problem as me. they reconfigure the Codec setting. Some of them got it fix and tried what they did in their post, I still can't get it fix.
It helps if you use the correct terminology. The word "line" is unclear in the context of an OBi. An OBi202 has 2 phone ports whereas an OBi200 has only 1. Both devices can be configured with up to 4 VoIP accounts. I think you are saying that your OBi202 has 2 lines whereas some others would say it can have up to 4.

So we assume you have a phone plugged in to PHONE1 port and a fax machine plugged in to the PHONE2 port.

What do you mean by "not working". Can't send, can't receive or both?

If can't send, does it try to ring the other end? Does the other end answer? Does fax transmission start but end prematurely.

Similar questions if not receiving. Does an incoming call get to the fax machine?