December 16, 2018, 07:27:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Out going call, after remote pick up, I only hear white noise  (Read 485 times)
aleet

« on: December 02, 2018, 08:01:17 pm »

I have Obi202 fw 3.2.2 with only one GV.  When I call someone, when the other side up pick, I only hear white noise, not fax/modem retrain.  The other side can hear me.

I tried to enable option #27 for 100bps full duplex, didn't help.
I tried to change Fax Detect but there is no option to disable.

Any help?  Thinking of returning the product.

I also saw in forum, other users have same problem (Forum search for "white noise").  Is there a way to open official Obi ticket?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 08:29:14 am by aleet » Logged
aleet

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 11:28:33 am »

All I hear is static.  This is very annoying.  I get static like 60% of the time.  The number I am trying to call is a Xfinity number if that matter. 
bluemusestudio

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 07:54:47 pm »

Hi Aleet,

I've had this problem for many months, but today I had a breakthrough and my calls seem to be going through fine. It's too soon to declare this fixed, but I'll tell you what I did so you can try it.

In my Obi dashboard, I deleted SP1, my primary line for outgoing calls and that rings for incoming calsl. In my Google Voice account, I went back to the legacy UI and unchecked all my lines for "forward calls to" i.e. not forwarding GV to any other phones. I also deleted my OBiTALK Device which was listed in this section.

Finally, I went back to my Obitalk dashboard and under "Add device" I added back my Obi202 and reconnected it to my GV account.

Worth a try because it's working for me for the time being.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: