News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI1062 and Vonage Business Question

Started by ckelsoe, December 03, 2018, 11:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckelsoe

I am trying to determine the best way to implement a Vonage Business account with two phone numbers assigned to it on the OBI1062. I want to be able to dial out using the selected number and have it present the proper caller id for that number (two businesses each with their own number) off of one OBI1062. Vonage has a dynamic caller id ability where I can put in ##<a code> then the phone number to call. It will then present the caller id associated with the code I entered. Is there a way to program a button to dial that code then wait for me to enter the phone number I am dialing?

Or is there a better way of doing without having to purchase two accounts from Vonage Business.

I also have a PolyCom phone I can use if it is simpler with that phone.

drgeoff

That is almost trivial once you understand how Obihai Digit Maps work. That is detailed in the Admin Guide for the Obihai ATAs. https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf page 197 onwards.  Of particular relevance to you is the final bullet on page 197.

Using that construct you could for example make all numbers that you dial as 1nnnnnnnnnn be sent to Vonage as ##ccccnnnnnnnnnn and numbers you dial as 2nnnnnnnnnn be sent as ##ddddnnnnnnnnnn.  I've used cccc and dddd to represent the ID selection codes. They can be of the required length, not just the 4 digits of my illustrations.

ckelsoe