News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 and Obi1022

Started by Scott9155, December 04, 2018, 01:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott9155

Not sure if this is still possible or perhaps I am looking at old information and this might be the reason it's failing or my interpreting it correctly.  I'm trying to setup my Obi200 using GV which initializes and works fine on it's own but when trying to add my Obi1022 using the same GV to ring both at the same time if possible to answer when at my desk.  Tried in expert mode with old codes that were referenced back years ago having the a obi100/110/202 etc call the ph by obi#.  Any help would be appreciated on the subject.  Thanks 

drgeoff

Why are you trying a method like "having the a obi100/110/202 etc call the ph by obi#"?

Simply configure the OBi200 and the OBi1022 independently on the same GV account.  Both will ring, either can answer.  Either can make an outgoing call.

That wasn't possible with an OBi100 or Obi110.  That's why the Obi# method evolved.  But it is not needed with multiple OBi2xx and/or OBi phones.

Scott9155

Thank you for answering.  It appears I was going about it the wrong way.  I tried last night to delete and re-add the 1022 and check the mark enabling GV on this device as well but the configure would not succeed and timeout on all attempts so I went off in a different direction and just stopped in confusion.  Went back to the dashboard to try again now but the registration system seems to be down with obihai - just times out.  In order to get the sip/forwarding credentials for each box or ip-phone into GV I assume to have to activate that GV authorization upon registering the device on the obi dashboard and that's where I was running into trouble.  Will try again later :)

Scott9155

Ended up trying to add the 1022 back in (after deleting it off the dashboard and resetting it two days ago) and repeatedly got the error: "Failed to add device:  This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!"  Contact Obihai support if you need further help.  

This 1022 has never been with another service provider just obi and gv for years.  I did email support Tuesday..unless anyone knows anything else to try I will wait until I hear back? Thanks.

Software Version: Build 4858EX.1311

Update:  Even though my 1022 does not appear on the obi dashboard and refuses to be added I can still make and receive calls to my other obi box by pressing line and then dialing out or just answering when calling the phones obi's number..very strange.