News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Where do I find the USD20 port option

Started by Meukow, December 07, 2018, 02:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meukow

Hi.

I have made my landline from Verizon into a Verizon Wireless and my landline is now cellular and I want to port my old landline number to Google Voice.

I have read all the instructions on this and these mention that you should click on change port and choose cell phone and then I should have a USD 20 option to port my cell (the old landline) to Google Voice but I do not see this option.

What am I doing wrong?

Is it something that comes with time because my land line was just ported a few dags ago?

drgeoff

Meukow

Finally.....

Your request to port (xxx) xxx-xxxx to Google Voice is in process.
Last Update: 12/11/18 8:02 PM

A few reminders about porting:
Mobile numbers typically port in 24-48 hours if there are no issues. Numbers that were originally landlines may take longer. Text messages may take up to 3 business days to be received at your number.
Once porting is complete, you will not be able to receive calls to your mobile phone until you complete the following steps:
Set up a new mobile phone service plan (with your existing carrier or a new carrier) and request a new number.
Add this new number to your Google Voice account as a forwarding phone in order to receive calls on your mobile phone.
If you already have a Google number on this Google Voice Account, it will be replaced by the number that you are porting and will be completely removed from your account 90 days after porting is complete. During those 90 days you will still be able to receive calls to that number. You will be able to make that number permanent for a one-time $20.00 fee.

Questions? Visit the Help Center to learn more.