News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID question - using GV number with paid VOIP service

Started by frentz, December 09, 2018, 06:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frentz

I currently have an OBI200 that is linked to my google voice account.  I plan to add a paid voip service (probably 1-voip) in the near future.  I would like to continue using my google voice number for incoming calls and the new paid voip service for outgoing calls.  My question is – when I place a call on the paid service will not the caller id show the number assigned by my paid service vice my google voice number?  If so,  I expect this may be confusing to folks I am calling. 

frentz

Maybe I have figured this out.  Looks like I need to find out if 1-VOIP or whatever paid service I decide on will let me spoof my GV number to their system - am i on the right track??

frentz

OK - I checked with 1-VOIP and they do offer configurable caller ID as a standard feature which should solve my problem. I would assume other companies also offer this as standard.  Sorry to gum up the board with a simple newbie question but maybe it will help others like me