News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Filter NPA-NXX-**** numbers inbound to my phone number?

Started by wflanagan, December 11, 2018, 08:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wflanagan

Probably 80% of the Spam calls that make it through Google Voice's spam filters are originating from my same NPA-NXX.  I'm wondering if there's a way to configure the OBI to filter those calls?

Happy to pay for a solution if need be. It's like 20 times a day they're calling..

azrobert

Assuming GV is defined on SP1.
Use OBi Expert to make following change.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{(+1NPA(1111111|2222222|3333333)):ph},{(+1NPAxxxxxxx):},{ph}

{(+1AreaCode-NPA(1111|2222|3333)):ph},{(+1AreaCode-NPAxxxx):},{ph}

Replace AreaCode-NPA with your number.
Replace 1111, 2222 and 3333 with numbers within your NPA you want to ring your phone. If you need more just add |4444
All other numbers within your NPA will be routed to nowhere.
GV sends an 11 digit callerid with a plus sign prefix. That's why the "+".

Edit:
The blocked numbers should go to your GV VM. I would test this.

wflanagan

So, if my phone number is this: 202-555-1212.. I want to block any calls that have the caller id of 202-555-xxxx.  I don't want to block all calls from 202 except certain NXX (which i think is how you described it).  How would I block all 202-555-xxxx without blocking the entire area code?

azrobert

Sorry, my mistake.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{(+1202555(1111|2222|3333)):ph},{(+1202555xxxx):},{ph}

To enter OBi Expert from the Dashboard click on the gear ICON to the right of your OBixxx then select OBi Expert Config, confirm and select Enter OBi Expert.
To navigate click on the titles with the + then click on a sub-title.
An example: click on Voice Services then click SP1 Service.
To make a change BOTH boxes to the right of the value must be unchecked.
When all changes are complete on this page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to make another change on a different page.

wflanagan

Thanks! I made that config. That Spammer called literally 8 times yesterday. Hopefully, I won't be hearing from him again. :-)