News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Are there any sources for 100% free DIDs anymore ??

Started by vtsnaab, December 11, 2018, 01:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtsnaab

Since so many folks have been using CC for them, and that is going away - are there other existing good sources still around ??

Of course this is not pointing at GV, nor at any of the apps whose companies give free numbers for cellular and/or PC uses only (A number from Textnow can't be used with an ATA...).

Also, there have been sources which have seemed to terminate their user's free DIDs sort of randomly, and those are also best avoided.

With those exceptions, what still exists that is good, can be used with an ATA & is reasonably dependable ??

texastoys

Call Centric isn't going away...they just now will charge $1.00/month to use a phone number

ProfTech

I'll plug Sam Moats at Circlenet here. They aren't free but at about 50 cents per month plus pay-as-you-go for calls they are nearly free. He has done a lot of work on the system and it is working very well now. On the plus side, his per minute rates are very good. But note some numbers you might call cost around a penny per minute. I think incoming calls are around a penny for 5 minutes. I haven't got voice mail to work.  It's a pretty much no-frills service but if you're looking for good pricing and a good service I think you will be happy.

SHarp

I'll second Circlenet.

I'm paying $1 per month for my DID, but I believe he usually charges about $1.50 plus other taxes that may apply depending on location. A number of us got in early when he resurrected the service and got some special deals.

His per minute rates to most of the places I call are unbeatable, and when you have a problem, he actually looks into it. I left Anveo because people couldn't call me from a particular provider reliably.

Sam @ circlenet is great!

vtsnaab

Thanks for the replies folks.

I always recommend Sam at any opportunity - his services are very, very good & affordable.
(We use Circlenet in keeping our good old 110 chugging along.)

I have a Panasonic SIP phone that was using GVGW to access GV until that went away, so:
My curiosity here remains aimed at any decent sources for 100% free DIDs for use with that.