News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

When Making Call via OBI200 and Google Voice, No Caller ID Reported

Started by ohioUMPIRE, December 14, 2018, 11:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohioUMPIRE

When making calls through GV, the person receiving the call is stating that the caller id is not passing the phone number and it's being reported to them as No Caller ID.  Is there a setting to pass the phone number through the Caller ID?

SteveInWA

To be clear, do you mean "I made an outbound call from the phone plugged into my OBiTALK device, and the party I called does not see my Google Voice number's caller ID on their display"?

If so, then this is because you are calling from a Google account that doesn't have its own Google Voice inbound phone number, so there is no caller ID number to send.

Either you don't have a Google Voice number, or, you set up the device while signed into some other Google account, and that account doesn't have a number.

ohioUMPIRE

Steve, correct.  I have a phone plugged in to an OBI device and the person receiving a call from that phone gets "No Caller ID."

I think it may be the latter.  This OBI device was associated with email1@gmail.com.  That account was lost and there is no access to it any longer.  I then got a new Google Voice number on a second gmail account.  I logged into to my web account for OBI and changed to the second gmail account, but that's all I did.  I suspect I have to do something to the existing OBI account or device to tell it the new number.  

If someone calls me on the new GV number, it rings my cell phone and computer, but not that phone on the OBI device.  

I went back to the OBI web page, logged back in, and then went through the ADD DEVICE and that seems to have resolved my problem.

Thanks for your reply.

SteveInWA

OK.  So, the best way to approach this is to open a web browser window in incognito or private browsing mode (press Ctrl-Shift-N for Chrome Browser or press Ctrl-Shift-P for Firefox).  In that window, sign into your Google/Gmail account that holds the Google Voice number and go to the Google Voice settings page to confirm that you see the number at the top of the page:  https://voice.google.com/settings.  If you don't see it, then this is the wrong account.  Sign out and sign into your other account(s) until you find it.

Leave this window open.  Press Ctrl-T to open another browser tab in the same window.  Go here:  http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

Click on your device, click on the SPx that was authorized to use a Google account, and then click on the link to "Replace Google Account Credentials".  Follow the instructions.  Look carefully at the Gmail address it is asking your permisison to use, and make sure it is the correct account that holds the number you want to use.