News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Response to Touch Tone on anwering device.

Started by MikeNH, December 15, 2018, 07:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeNH

I have a Obi 202 with a Freeze Alarm attached. The Freeze Alarm answers when I call in, but when I enter my PIN, there's no response from the Freeze Alarm. It's especially odd because it worked last winter with the same set-up. The Freeze Alarm also didn't answer this year, but I just solved that by switching the Obi to a trapizoidal ring (thanks to advice I found on this Forum). Any ideas?

MikeNH

I'm calling through Google Voice and I tried calling from 2 cell phones and a landline phone.

drgeoff

Temporarily connect an ordinary phone instead of the Freeze Alarm.  While standing beside it call it from the cellphone. Answer the call and listen on the phone while you press keys on the cellphone.  Do you hear the tones?  Clear or distorted? Very weak, normal or very loud?

MikeNH

Thanks drgeoff. I finally got back to the location, and did as you suggested. The obi output did not sound at all like a touchtone sound. The sound was a just a dull clunk of medium volume. Does this symptom suggest a disease? Thanks, Mike