News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV and Callcentric for E911 Service

Started by Fran, December 15, 2018, 08:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fran

Have set up GV and Callcentric for E911 servcice on my Obi202. Both seem to be configured properly (no error messages). There are two settings that I'm not sure I understand. For both GV and Callcentric the configuration page asks for the Primary Line for Outgoing calls as well as the primary line for incoming calls. Is GV the primary for incoming and outgoing? I seem to recall in setting up Callcentric it said they had to be primary for something. How should the two services be set up for primary incoming and outgoing. Again, I'm using GV for voice and CC for E911 only.  Thanks

SteveInWA

You don't need to make any non-default settings changes.  Google Voice should be the primary for both inbound and outbound.  Use the OBiTALK portal to configure Callcentric on SP2, and check the box that says "Use this service for Emergency 911 calls".  This will cause the portal to properly configure the call routing to recognize that the user is entering 911 and it will send those calls to SP2.

When you make a 911 call, the PSAP (emergency dispatcher) will receive your street address and a special phone number assigned to you.  If the call drops and they need to call you back, that phone number will ring to your OBiTALK device.

lhm.

What happens when CC is down or their geo region is down and your fail over Trunk Group does not provide/contain alternate E911 services?  My recommendation is GV911.com as it will work from any ITSP you select, including GV  (Digit Map<911:1424XXXXXXX>S0|<922:1424XXXXXXX> 922 is for test calls). If the call drop and the PSAP (911) needs to call you back, they will have the caller id of your OBiTALK device. Should you need to call your local PSAP (911) directly from out of state or out of country for emergency services to your home, you can call the 1424XXXXXXX number and be connected via your cell phone immediately using the Google Voice app over WiFi or data.

Additionally inquire if the free services of smart911.com are provided to you by your local municipality.