News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

new 202 multiple setup problems

Started by skipro-tahoe, December 16, 2018, 08:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipro-tahoe

I have setup and used multiple 202s. Had to replace old 202 with new 202. Deleted old unit from acct and tried to add new device. Spent 2 hours continually trying to add device, kept failing, finally it added. LED was solid green during this. Dashboard then showed update was available with triangular icon. I started the update and it failed with message that update failed. I did NOT attempt to update it again. Triangle icon that shows update available was showing after failed attempt.  1 hour later, the update icon is gone. SoftwareVersion 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX), Firnware version 1.4. Huh?
Now, I cannot setup my GV accounts, sometimes after "allowing", it does not proceed to "confirm" page, other times to gets to "confirm" page but get, "cannot configure device" message. Tried different GV accounts, all of which I can sign into through browser. Tried many times.
Receiving calls from another OBi unit to this OBi unit [**9obi #] does not connect consistently. Calling out to another OBi works better than receiving from the other OBi.
This is at same location of old 202, same setup, router, etc, nothing changed. Old worked fine until phone ports went bad.
Is this a GV to OBi communication issue or a GV issue?
I have never had these issues before. Is this a bad unit?

drgeoff

Quote from: skipro-tahoe on December 16, 2018, 08:56:26 PM
I have setup and used multiple 202s. Had to replace old 202 with new 202. Deleted old unit from acct and tried to add new device. Spent 2 hours continually trying to add device, kept failing, finally it added. LED was solid green during this. Dashboard then showed update was available with triangular icon. I started the update and it failed with message that update failed. I did NOT attempt to update it again. Triangle icon that shows update available was showing after failed attempt.  1 hour later, the update icon is gone. SoftwareVersion 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX), Firnware version 1.4. Huh?
Now, I cannot setup my GV accounts, sometimes after "allowing", it does not proceed to "confirm" page, other times to gets to "confirm" page but get, "cannot configure device" message. Tried different GV accounts, all of which I can sign into through browser. Tried many times.
Receiving calls from another OBi unit to this OBi unit [**9obi #] does not connect consistently. Calling out to another OBi works better than receiving from the other OBi.
This is at same location of old 202, same setup, router, etc, nothing changed. Old worked fine until phone ports went bad.
Is this a GV to OBi communication issue or a GV issue?
I have never had these issues before. Is this a bad unit?
The Obihai servers were on the blink.  Others report they are working OK again.