News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One landline caller goes straight to VM

Started by Sketch, December 17, 2018, 10:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sketch

Obi200 with Google Voice.  I have removed all blocked call #s, and all groups.  The phone # is not set as spam or set to forward.  Our parents can call in from their second landline number but not the primary number.  All other callers can call in fine, but when the in-laws call it doesn't ring at all and just goes to VM.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

drgeoff

Is CallerID withheld on the problem line?

Have you set up any rules on your OBi for inbound calls?

Taoman

Quote from: Sketch on December 17, 2018, 10:01:27 AM
I have removed all blocked call #s, and all groups.
Give this a try...........assuming the number is one of your Google Contacts:

Click on link below
In search bar at top of page start typing Contact name
When Contact name pops up in window, click directly on the name and select "edit settings"
Under "When this Contact calls you" click on Edit
Unselect "Send to Voicemail" by selecting "Ring my:" if necessary
Put a check in front of the numbers/devices you want to ring when this Contact calls you
Save your changes

https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/redirection/voice/#groups

Sketch

Thanks for the help!
I don't know how to set Obi rules for incoming calls, so I don't think there are any rules set.
My father inlaw says he has caller id.  I asked him to call my cell phone # to verify it, and it also went straight to VM.  So I have two phones (1 Google Voice 1 Google Fi) sending this one number to voice mails.
Another interesting event is that when dad calls in and I am logged into Google Fi, my laptop rings

I got an email directing me to delete and add the Obi device.  I will try that first.  Do you think there may be a connection to having both Google Voice with the Obihai200 and my cell phones with Google Fi?  There are different email accounts connected to them.  After I delete and re-install,  should I concider porting my Google Voice # to Google FI?

Sketch

Taoman-  Thanks!  I checked and it wasn't set to forward to VM.

drgeoff

Having Caller ID is not the same thing as having Caller ID withheld activated. The two are different and independent of each other. The first means that you usually see the number of someone calling in.  The second means that when calling out you do not wish your number to be viewable by the callee.  That is, you make an anonymous call.

Telcos usually offer the facility to permanently withhold Caller ID or turn it on or off by dialling certain codes.

Sketch

DrGeoff-  Thanks for the definitions, so I tested calling out and from our phone and it shows the ID.  I can't see the ID from Dad's phone because it goes straight to VM, but the call history shows it.
I really appreciate the help.

Sketch

Fixed!!!!
I removed the OBI device # and then re-installed.  Thank you all!