News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

have to dial **1 to call

Started by Garylee, September 15, 2011, 04:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garylee

Installed gv worked fine could just dial number and worked.
Then added Callcentric for the 911 Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
now have to dial **1 to call out Help Please I'm new to this go easy

Thanks Garylee

RonR

Verify that you have:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

if you wish SP1 to be the default trunk for outbound calls.

Garylee

RonR

Has:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap

been altered?

Where do calls go or what happens if you don't dial **1?

Garylee

When I dial **1 it goes to gv thats what I want But I dont want to dial the **1

RonR

I understand that **1 gets you to Google Voice.

What happens if you DON'T dial **1 in front of the number?  What happens?  What trunk is used?  Look at Call History in the OBi if you're not sure.

Garylee

I get a no call route aval. for this call

RonR

Please post:

and

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap

Garylee

It dont show up in the call history

Garylee

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1813>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

RonR

I don't see any reason why calls without **1 shouldn't go out the PrimaryLine (SP1).

Have you been getting the values you posted from the OBi directly or from the OBiTALK Web Portal?

Garylee

RonR

Check all those settings in the OBi itself.  It's the settings in the OBi that make the OBi do whatever it does, NOT the settings in the OBiTALK Web Portal.  If the settings in the OBiTALK Web Portal don't get transferred to the OBi itself, they're meaningless.

Garylee

How or where do I find them in Obi

RonR

Dial ***1 to find the OBi's IP address.

Go to that IP address with your web browser.

Log in using admin/admin.  It's possible the OBiTALK Web Portal changed the password (check the OBiTALK Web Portal if necessary).

Use the navigation tree on the left side.

jimates

Quote from: RonR on September 15, 2011, 06:41:38 PM
Check all those settings in the OBi itself.  It's the settings in the OBi that make the OBi do whatever it does, NOT the settings in the OBiTALK Web Portal.  If the settings in the OBiTALK Web Portal don't get transferred to the OBi itself, they're meaningless.

I use the Obitalk portal with the Expert Configuration and have never had it NOT transfer the settings to the Obi. For anyone that uses the portal and has never ventured into the Obi itself to turn of auto provisioning I doubt the settings in the Obi are different than those shown through the portal.

RonR

Quote from: jimates on September 16, 2011, 02:02:08 PM
I use the Obitalk portal with the Expert Configuration and have never had it NOT transfer the settings to the Obi. For anyone that uses the portal and has never ventured into the Obi itself to turn of auto provisioning I doubt the settings in the Obi are different than those shown through the portal.

I guess we'll know for sure if Garylee returns and tells us what he found.

earthtoobi

Quote from: jimates on September 16, 2011, 02:02:08 PM

The only case i know where it is not true is the Following:

For any settings in obitalk expert, if you override them with a value 'x' and later on make it blank for whatever reason, then the blank value does not get pushed to Obi. you have to click on "device default" for that change to take effect.if you dont select the 'device default', Obitalk expert would have blank and Obi device will have 'X'.

i have tried this on the callforwardonnoanswer related settings.

Corollary is: when you do an override in Obiexpert, it has to have a value OR you have to select 'device default'.

Garylee

Today I changed back the OutboundCallRoute and I can call without the **1
So I guess I will just have to dial **2 911